View Full Version : Creativity overload

DearMadamADD
02-21-16, 11:05 PM
Does anyone else have a hard time shutting off the creative flow? I have a passion/obsession for creatively repurposing things. There are some days where I find myself constantly trying to search for something to tinker with. I end up spending way too much time out in the garage just dinking around.

sarahsweets
02-22-16, 04:29 AM
Sounds an awful like hyperfocusing.

DearMadamADD
02-25-16, 11:02 AM
It is hyper focus! But I don't know how to handle it because art and creativity is my outlet. But sometimes it can turn my head into hyper focus mush.

Shamindo
02-25-16, 01:04 PM
When I get like that I just acknowledge it for what it is, try to do my best to not let it completely over take my life, and then once it has passed, instead of kicking myself in the ***...I try to be kind to myself and have a laugh about the chaos of this disorder.

daveddd
02-25-16, 01:09 PM
I'm lucky enough to be in a job I love. I hyper focus on its different parts constantly

So it's an advantage

Pilgrim
02-25-16, 02:19 PM
I guess there is no problem in hyper focusing as long as they are healthy pursuits.

aprokcndy
03-06-16, 09:12 PM
I have that problem all the time. Sometimes I feel so creative that I don't even create anything, just get lost in my own thoughts until I feel too overwhelmed to even materialize something