View Full Version : Wellbutrin if I am not depressed?

jeeper541
02-26-16, 06:48 PM
I have been on generic wellbutrin for a few days now to treat my ADD 150mg for 3 days I am on my second day of 300mg XL and I can say that I immediately noticed it improves my ADD alot! But it starts wearing of ADD wise around 10 hours in or so.

My question is if I am not depressed what long term effects could happen? Could it cause me to feel depressed if I ever stop taking it because I am used to feeling up all the time?

Anyone who has ever taken this and was NOT depressed I would love your insight.

Also anyone know if the longer you take it if the ADD relief will get better when it builds up in my system or is the building up part just related to anti depression?

daveddd
02-26-16, 06:55 PM
my initial response was pretty good and it did get better

10 hours is more than you would get from a stimulant

i had to stop taking it because of another disorder that you probably don't have to worry about

but it was the best for me while i took it

dvdnvwls
02-26-16, 06:56 PM
If it is working, and assuming your doctor has prescribed an appropriate dosage, then IMO you don't need to be too concerned.

10 hours is a pretty generous time frame I think. Adding medication to cover more time can push your overall dosage too high and potentially cause other problems. It's no magic bullet.

jeeper541
02-26-16, 11:48 PM
I am very very much happy with the time frame as my adderall XR didnt come near that maybe 6 hours at very most. I am not really looking to extend the times it helps my symptoms because I noticed even after it has worn off I am more orginized and determined to finish even small tasks (could be placebo but hey something is working) lol

I am loving it so far, no side major side effects. Thanks for the input guys

The memory issue is strange but I am experimenting with some bacopa and Acetyl-L-carnitine. It definitely helped the "Stupid" feeling today but seemed like I had less focus? O well I have plenty of time to dial this all in

jeeper541
02-26-16, 11:55 PM
If it is working, and assuming your doctor has prescribed an appropriate dosage, then IMO you don't need to be too concerned.

10 hours is a pretty generous time frame I think. Adding medication to cover more time can push your overall dosage too high and potentially cause other problems. It's no magic bullet.

I didnt really mean I was "looking" for a way to increase it I am just wondering if when it builds in my system if the ADD benefits will be all day thing or if no matter how long I take it the ADD benefits will only last a part of the day.

It is my understanding the depression benefits are a around the clock thing after it builds so I was assuming the ADD benefit would be also since some people take it before bed I dont understand how it could benefit there ADHD symptoms if it only last for X amount of hours and you sleep 6-10hours

jeeper541
02-26-16, 11:57 PM
my initial response was pretty good and it did get better

10 hours is more than you would get from a stimulant

i had to stop taking it because of another disorder that you probably don't have to worry about

but it was the best for me while i took it

Thanks it is good to see encouragement that it works for some people, my mom tried it for depression and couldn't handle the side effects so I was worried I would react bad. Guess every one is different including blood

dvdnvwls
02-27-16, 12:32 AM
Guess every one is different including blood
This is for sure - my brother and my father have always had very different medication reactions than I do.