View Full Version : Friday was my birthday.

sarahsweets
02-28-16, 11:16 AM
Normally I dont care about this, but I guess I had hopes because Ive had such a hard time lately and my baby self was feeling envious that some people get remembered and some dont. I know the world doesnt revolve around me but I have learned that I have to address the little resentments or they build up and I act out.

This was made worse because of my kids I think. My hubby and I had a wonderful day. He took off from work and we went back to Delaware which was where we honeymooned. Who the F goes to Delaware? Broke, young college couples with only three days before school starts.
We went there with all of these plans to see different things. This was 20 years ago. Back then we ended up minigolfing, having our first Krispy Kreme donut right off the conveyer belt. We found a cheesey State natural history museum thats been the same since the 70's. We went back and had a blast because the lameness of the first trip has now become a fond memory. And it was such lame fun.

My kids barely remembered to wish me happy birthday before school but thats ok, they were in morning mode.
When we got back my 16 year old was out with her boyfriend with no thought of being home, especially because I asked her to stay home to be with her sister. She said she didnt hear me.

My 12 year old was worrying about ruining my birthday because she was having friend trouble and gets very worked up about stuff like that. She gets a pass because her thoughts were of me, and I dont want her to think that anything would trump her needs.

The 16 year old wanted to know if we were even doing anything and if the boyfriend could come with us. My 20 year old followed me up to the bathroom while I was doing my makeup to go out to my meeting to have a minibreakdown because he likes a girl that may not like him back, and they were sleeping together(lord help me).
I had all these problems to answer. They always come to me which I know is good which is why I feel guilty even complaining. My friends that I would normally see on Friday night had other things pop up so I guess I was having a pity party.

The day with my husband was wonderful. So good and worry free I cant even tell you the last time that happened. Unexpected things always pop up on my birthday. Last year my daughter was having appendix surgery and the year before my daughter was so sick and had major ear infections.

My husband is a good guy, its just best if I am on the front
lines to receive the info and relay it to him because his adhd makes him feel overloaded and he always has needed some time to take it all in. He is not afraid of addressing it, he just needs time to process. Its just one of our marital coping skills that makes us so damn perfect together.

Dont worry, I dont need a silly thread to somehow make up for it or to make me feel better. Just saying all of this has helped me to move on.
Thanks for listening.

XXXOOO

Unmanagable
02-28-16, 11:23 AM
My feelings used to get hurt, too, until I realized I didn't have my birth date on my profile thingy, so no one ever knew.

I also used to check the b-day thing on the front page of addf, but rarely remember to do so anymore. Too used to my surroundings now, I suppose.

Glad you vented and glad you had a good born day. Don't stop celebrating. Ever!! :)

Fuzzy12
02-28-16, 11:30 AM
Happy birthday. Sorry it's belated. Glad you had a good day with the hubster. :grouphug:

Greyhound1
02-28-16, 11:33 AM
Sarah,

I am sorry no one noticed your birthday.:grouphug: I wish the forum could alert us when a friend or contact has a birthday.

I know most of us here would want to wish you a happy birthday had we known or noticed.

I am sorry it slipped through the cracks. Happy belated birthday!

daveddd
02-28-16, 11:36 AM
happy b day!

midnightstar
02-28-16, 11:57 AM
Happy belated birthday sarah :grouphug:

I keep an eye on the birthdays thing on the forum index but for some reason it didn't show your name on it on Friday, idk if I was logged in at the wrong time or what :scratch::doh:

stef
02-28-16, 12:26 PM
Happy birthday :grouphug:

Little Missy
02-28-16, 01:16 PM
H.B to S.S. :)

ginniebean
02-28-16, 01:45 PM
Sarah, I don't have my birthday notification turned on and I'm not fussed about getting noticed on my birthday anymore. I do know this is an important event for some people and I'm so sorry you felt slighted!

A couple of years ago my youngest sister complained loudly to me and my other siblings because all of us had forgotten her birthday. I was surprised and so were my other siblings because birthdays are simply not important to us. I apologised to my sister and told her of my surprise that it upset her so much.

She couldn't understand my surprise and asked me how would I feel if ahw forgot my birthday and I said I's be delighted hell take two!

Anyway, it's important to you, it's important to my sister and that's all I need to know.

I hope this year is filled with good news and happiness for you. You're such a good friend and you deserve only the best.

Much love

DJ Bill
02-28-16, 01:56 PM
Thanks to this thread, I found out we had a birthday list and where it was! Happy belated birthday Sarah! And happy birthday to those on the list today. Especially those who are still active in the forums!

aeon
02-28-16, 02:29 PM
Happy Birthday, Sarah!

When I read this:

My hubby and I had a wonderful day. He took off from work and we went back to Delaware which was where we honeymooned. Who the F goes to Delaware? Broke, young college couples with only three days before school starts.

I immediately thought this could be a movie. Then you said this:

We went there with all of these plans to see different things. This was 20 years ago. Back then we ended up minigolfing, having our first Krispy Kreme donut right off the conveyer belt. We found a cheesey State natural history museum thats been the same since the 70's. We went back and had a blast because the lameness of the first trip has now become a fond memory. And it was such lame fun.

And I was sure of it.

The end of the movie would show you and your husband as you are today, with your children.

Maybe thatís just my daydreaming brain.

And how did you pull off the trick of being wiser before you got older?

Best Wishes,
Ian

anonymouslyadd
02-28-16, 02:43 PM
Happy Birthday!

Vector
03-07-16, 05:01 AM
Hey Sarah! :)

I hope you have had a happy bithday!

Fortune
03-07-16, 07:53 AM
Happy birthday, Sarah. Glad your day with your husband was great. Sympathies about your children not remembering. Hope next year is better.

BellaVita
03-07-16, 08:13 AM
Sarah - happy belated birthday! :)

Simargl
03-07-16, 12:44 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Sarah.