View Full Version : Another wellbutrin memory post..But how to fix it?

jeeper541
02-28-16, 01:55 PM
Ok I have seen tons of post all over the internet and hear about wellbutrin causing memory issues I have only been on 300mg for a week now but holy crap does it kill my memory! Mainly short term memory

*So has anyone had this happen and it went away after a awhile? If so how long?

*Has anyone had it not go away but successfully battle it with a supplement?

I am taking bacopa and Acetyl L carnitine with minimal effects

I am seeing positive effects for my ADD symptoms but I feel dumb all day long :confused:

jeeper541
02-28-16, 01:59 PM
Also I am only posting this because everyone complains about it (Rightful so) but seems all the threads end with out resolution.

DJ Bill
02-28-16, 02:00 PM
Ritalin. I'm a convert. I still take Welbutrin for depression, but started Ritalin generic last week. It was like a fog lifted from my eyes, and the noise in my head got way quieter.

The only thing the Welbutrin did for my add was it got me to the place where I cared, and was able to notice the symptoms. Before Welbutrin I was ready to give up.

jeeper541
02-28-16, 02:04 PM
Ritalin. I'm a convert. I still take Welbutrin for depression, but started Ritalin generic last week. It was like a fog lifted from my eyes, and the noise in my head got way quieter.

The only thing the Welbutrin did for my add was it got me to the place where I cared, and was able to notice the symptoms. Before Welbutrin I was ready to give up.

For me I get almost tunnel vision focus on wellbutrin but and seem to be more interested in starting and finishing projects. BUT the noise in my head is still there and I do not comprehend (could be the memory issue) as well Adderall Stopped the constant thoughts and day dreaming.

Considering seeing about adding a stimulant when I see my doc next month

jeeper541
02-28-16, 02:07 PM
Also wondering if generic brands are the reason for this? Has anyone been on brand and not had this issue?

aeon
02-28-16, 02:35 PM
I’ve been on 300mg and 450mg dosages of bupropion and I have never experienced
any issue related to or change in memory from having taken it.

Cheers,
Ian

jeeper541
02-29-16, 04:54 PM
Iíve been on 300mg and 450mg dosages of bupropion and I have never experienced
any issue related to or change in memory from having taken it.

Cheers,
Ian

Lucky you! I like bupropion so far hoping this passes