View Full Version : Can't decide want others opinions

Socaljaxs
03-01-16, 11:44 AM
When it comes to smartphones and tablets, I've been using & Find myself prefering apple brand tech product..currently my reach for is my current older model iPad first gen air...

my choices right now are get iPad pro, or wait for and see if s new model iPad Air or MacBook may comes out. Get an older version MacBook and upgrade software...

Or which I'm leaning mostly towards is to wait a few weeks and see what comes out when it becomes available next month...or wait Till say the 15- 20 of March,(conferences is supposedly 3 or 4 the week of March this year, but the date isn't confirmed... So, I also will have the option to return the item if needed or receive any of the discount that most likely will exist when new shiny toys come out... if I choose the MacBook route, or even iPad pro option(which won't discount or upgrade but there is talk of the smaller iPad Air is predicted to come out)

I like the fact the iPad pro screen is 13 inches?. I'm just getting mixed opinions and reviews of how much this could be used as a primary laptop options or be able to 100% replace my current laptop option

My pc currenlty is a laptop and currently a dell. However, it's is a rarely ever previously used hand me down from my dad I took about 6 months ago, after I dropped and cracked my hp laptop, and it is about 2 or 3 years old... honestly, I'm not a huge fan on Windows 10. Never had a MacBook or Apple Laptop or iMac before. So I'm leaning toward Mac.

Currently, I find myself mostly using and prefering my iPad (first generation iPad Air) all day every day for both personal and business as it is, over my laptop anyways .... But my iPad, is starting to give me issues, and it is limited on memory. So I'm stuck, right now on which road to take.....

Considering there is "talk of a apple conference during the middle to end of March. The apple news keeps predicting (based on when and how long products have been since last update a new MacBook type product(been a long time since a real upgrade of the MacBook Air) took place and an iPad air(or normal version iPad deemed iPad pro 9.7inch .. I can't decide what to do... I like new and shiny and I'm trying not to just impulse buy(yet, I guess it's not really impulsive, since for a few months now, I've been thinking about this and looked into upgrading.... Simce I'm about at the point of needing to upgrade this current iPad and too upgrade the PC) I just know, I want to go mac and leave pc and my current Windows programs behind...

So now I'm stuck with what to do, if it was you what would you do? Also, for anyone that has these products how do you like them?

upgrade to the iPad pro, wait for the apple conference this month, to see what laptop if any come out, but a older model Mac laptop.

Total what would you do? Also, which route would you take?

aeon
03-01-16, 12:20 PM
Your questions cannot be answered to any degree of usefulness unless you answer two things:

what do you want to do with the device/what programs do you need to run?
what is your budget?

Cheers,
Ian

Socaljaxs
03-01-16, 12:37 PM
Your questions cannot be answered to any degree of usefulness unless you answer two things:

what do you want to do with the device/what programs do you need to run?
what is your budget?

Cheers,
Ian

Personal- ( internet, only read on iBooks and kindle for books, YouTube, and social media and random News, image editions and apps, amd reminder notes)

Business-
Real estate everything. Including but not limited to powerpoint, listing presentations, data imput. Lead generations, web searches of homes and people searches and lead searching.... Online available Based CRM CDM online systems, seo/sem videos and image editing, uploads and slideshows and website(template based sites). Workplace needs social media, email, productivity calendar reminders. Webinars, and to make Marketing material(usually designed myself. And pdf editors, especially for contracts. Branding designs, word, excel type systems.

Pretty much all things needed for self employment sustaining realtors
And business of the sorts

Budget, is negotiable amd is a tax right off as well. iPad I can pay in installments which I like and have 24/7 cellular data which is a pro for me

aeon
03-01-16, 12:41 PM
I suppose too there is the question of what exactly are your expectations?

I ask all this because a tablet is not and can not be a replacement for a full-on computer/laptop unless the needs, budget, and expectations are adjusted accordingly.

For example, I could never replace my Mac with a tablet for the simple reason I have need to run Adobe Creative Suite, and I can’t do that on a tablet. I can do that on a laptop, but in terms of priorities, I want the fastest machine with the biggest screen I can get within my budget, and that rules out the laptop.

Cheers,
Ian

aeon
03-01-16, 01:06 PM
Based on what you have said, you are clearly a laptop/computer user.

Unless you have money to burn or there is a radical technological leap, I never recommend the latest and greatest.

Especially given the deals that can be had on Apple’s site in the refurb section...I’d certainly look there if you have some idea of the kind of machine you would want.

Cheers,
Ian

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:14 PM
About replacing a laptop with an iPad:

Because the operating systems are so different, then if you want to pursue that possibility it's necessary to make a complete list of the applications you use on your laptop and then see whether each of them exists on iPad, or if they don't, whether there are good-enough replacements. Too often, there aren't.

In making your list, concentrate especially on those things you do with your machine that a teenager doesn't care about. Everything that a teenager does care about is probably fixed already. :)

There can be hidden inconsistencies too - for example, while obviously an iPad handles email, that email app might be missing a special search function that you've come to rely on in your business, or something like that.