View Full Version : What type (mbti) am I?

eclectic beagle
03-01-16, 04:00 PM
If you call me one of those blasted infps, I'll stab you with a broom.

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:03 PM
There are online tests that, while they're not as reliable as a full test, are still not bad. I can't remember which ones are worth trying, sorry.

I am one of those blasted INFPs, but I won't call you one - unless you are. :)

eclectic beagle
03-01-16, 04:16 PM
There are online tests that, while they're not as reliable as a full test, are still not bad. I can't remember which ones are worth trying, sorry.

I am one of those blasted INFPs, but I won't call you one - unless you are. :)

I just tried an online test, very time consuming, and it wanted me to pay to get the full report. That's ten minutes I'll never get back.

eclectic beagle
03-01-16, 04:22 PM
I have exceptional bladder control. Does that help with the typing?

acdc01
03-01-16, 04:22 PM
I just tried an online test, very time consuming, and it wanted me to pay to get the full report. That's ten minutes I'll never get back.

There are totally free ones available. You'll have to search.

eclectic beagle
03-01-16, 04:24 PM
There are totally free ones available. You'll have to search.

I have add and want a quick fix. You're not helping.

Little Missy
03-01-16, 04:27 PM
I have add and want a quick fix. You're not helping.

Make up your own. It will be exciting.

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:27 PM
Obviously, you're an IDHTP ;)

Impatient, Doesn't Have To Pee :lol:

eclectic beagle
03-01-16, 04:29 PM
Make up your own. It will be exciting.

Well, okay. I'm probably an ISFP because I enjoy making avant garde sculptures out of roadkill.

Little Missy
03-01-16, 04:37 PM
Well, okay. I'm probably an ISFP because I enjoy making avant garde sculptures out of roadkill.

Do you barbeque afterwards?

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:40 PM
I am a good example of why taking a test makes a difference. I like people, and I will sit and talk for hours. However, the test shows (and people who understand this stuff assure me) that I am definitely not an extravert - I'm an introvert who likes people. Certainly there will be people who are the other way too.

If there is something you always make a big effort to do, you may consider yourself that way - for example, if someone always tries to think before they act, they might be inclined to place themselves in the "T" category - but that might not be accurate, they might be an "F" type who happens to work hard at their opposite category.

The seeming strangeness of some of the questions on the tests is that they are to see how you are "wired", not how you are "trying to act". Your personality type is how you are wired, and how you act is your choice.

Often, people who are very experienced with MBTI can talk to you for a while and watch how you act around others, and then tell you your type pretty accurately. I am definitely not able to do that.