View Full Version : Looking for article about the more you advance you get career, the more you struggle

crosen95
03-04-16, 08:35 PM
A year or two I remember reading an internet article about the fact that some people with ADD don't struggle at all at the beginning of their career. But as they are expected to do more and more, they could have issues with the greater responsibility.

I searched and searched the web and I couldn't find it. Or even a similar article. Is there anyone who can link me to a story or a study like that?

Thanks for your help.

acdc01
03-04-16, 09:13 PM
I haven't seen it but I personally wouldn't use those statistics (if they exist) to determine what you want to do with your life. We're all different and what's good for you may not be good for the next person.

I myself find it much easier the higher up the corporate chain I go. It's so much easier to delegate the work I don't like to other people. And the lower level jobs involve a lot more tedious tasks.

Plus the higher up, the more messed up you can be and still not get fired cause you have the power (I'm not this high up but at my company it seems the higher you go, the more incompetent at your job you are).

Also, people collapse sometimes just because of time. You can overwork yourself for a little while and hold up but after 20 years, you're probably dying by then regardless of whether you've changed positions or not. If that article doesn't take that into account, well then the study results are invalid.

dvdnvwls
03-05-16, 01:36 AM
Well, there is the "Peter principle", which says that in most cases people get promotions based on how well they are doing their current job, and that companies don't check to see if the person will be good at this new job. This means that most people's final promotion turns them into a failure, because they were promoted one step past where they belong.