View Full Version : Concerta too high?

oreganosis222
03-07-16, 02:08 PM
The first med I tried after vyvanse stopped working was concerta 54mg, it didn't work, felt like crap, and had very mild auditory hallucinations. I haven't tried a lower dose yet. Could it have not worked and/or acted the way it did because the dose was too high? (I took 40mg vyvanse previously).

Bouncingoffwall
03-09-16, 12:00 PM
The first med I tried after vyvanse stopped working was concerta 54mg, it didn't work, felt like crap, and had very mild auditory hallucinations. I haven't tried a lower dose yet. Could it have not worked and/or acted the way it did because the dose was too high? (I took 40mg vyvanse previously).

54 mg sounds like far too high a starting dose - I started at 27 mg, the lowest dose, before moving up to 36 mg after a year. I am male and weigh 220 pounds - even being a stocky guy, 36 mg is plenty for me right now. I also take a 10 mg Ritalin IR in the afternoon as a booster. I would definitely talk to your pdoc about lowering your dose. Start with the minimum and work your way up. A good dosage amount doesn't feel "speedy" or jittery, it's subtle after your body adjusts to it.

oreganosis222
03-11-16, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was planning to do that, but had to switch doctors recently. From what I know, concerta is, dose for dose, two times stronger than vyvanse.
I've read similar stories of people starting out on high doses of concerta and having the same results. But after lowering their doses they, usually, end up having it work.

Simargl
03-11-16, 04:23 PM
I've been trying to find the right Concerta dose. 54mg at once seemed like too much. I dropped to 36mg at 7:30am and then 18mg around noon. I'm not sure if this is going to work for me either.

I've been so moody the last couple of days. I'm also more sensitive than normal. :l I mean, really, it could be anything but I choose to blame the medicine.

Have any of you felt feverish when the Concerta starts to wear off?

I see my doctor later today. I'm thinking about switching to Vyvance. It's been working for my brother so it might work for me as well.