View Full Version : Ritalin for a good night's sleep

Ironklaus
03-10-16, 08:01 AM
Hi. I sleep for 10-12 hours a day and I wake up depressed.
So I started taking 5 mg ritalin before bed. This way, I have such nice sleep and I sleep 8 hours like a normal person. Also I wake up with a healthy amount of energy.

Is there any other person who has same problems with me or uses ritalin like that?

BellaVita
03-10-16, 08:05 AM
I would have amazing naps when I fell asleep with Adderall in my system.

I don't think it is an extremely common thing to do, but I have read posts of at least one other who takes a stimulant before bed time.

It makes sense, it calms the mind and body. So why not have that while asleep?

psychopathetic
03-10-16, 09:09 AM
Me and my doctor have been discussing this a bit over the last couple of months. Where I'll take an adderall...and 15-20 minutes later I have to go lay down to sleep.
It makes no sense to me...as adderall is a stimulant...but to her it seems to make perfect sense. That it calms me and reduces my racing thoughts.

And it only seems to do this with my late afternoon dose. My morning dose almost always has the opposite effect...where it helps wake me up and feel more alive. It's like my morning cup of coffee and without it I just drag through the day...like walking through mud.

KarmanMonkey
03-10-16, 02:14 PM
For me it's caffeine that helps. It's less of a kick than the ritalin, but still helps me let go of some of the distracting thoughts so I can focus on sleep.

C15H25N3O
06-08-16, 09:28 PM
Is there any other person who has same problems with me or uses ritalin like that?

When I was prescribed to Ritalin IR I was allowed to dose myself 4-5 times a day and I avoided its crash going to bed on its effectiveness
which always let me sleep after 5-10 minutes like going to bed, enjoying the blanket, smiling, no racing thoughts,

---> immediate sleep. :-)

I hate regular sleeping pills. They knock me out but dont make me sleep.

Ritalin also helped me sometimes taking 5mg after Vyvanses effectiveness.

Coffee also helps me sleeping.