View Full Version : getting food from microwave early...

daveddd
03-13-16, 10:29 AM
and leaving a couple seconds flashing on the microwave because I'm to impatient to wait the additional 2 seconds

it drives the people crazy (wife, or if I'm at parents house) because the clock isn't there and its flashing 2 seconds or whatever

is this ADHD you think?

Socaljaxs
03-13-16, 10:34 AM
Lol :lol::giggle: k do this with coffee machines. My dad told me I needed to stop doing it since it ruins the entire pot. Totally learned, that when you take from the bottom of the pot before it is finished brewing , it lesson the strength..oopsy... But unless I use a single cup it's takes forever. But I am very impatient when it comes to my morning first cup of coffee. :p

daveddd
03-14-16, 09:59 AM
i feel so alone now

i guess I'm just a early microwave freak

stef
03-14-16, 10:02 AM
i feel so alone now

i guess I'm just a early microwave freak

no not at all
I hate when it beeps, so I hit pause when 2 seconds are left
but no one looks at that clock except me when I'm cooking so they dont really notice
But then I wonder, " why is it "0:02" ? " :giggle:

Fuzzy12
03-14-16, 10:30 AM
I do both. When I get bored of waiting I take it out early but mostly I'm too bored to go to the microwave to get food out when it's done and once it's done it annoyingly beeps every few seconds till you hit the stop button. Annoys the hell out of me every time. :mad:

(Though not enough to actually get up and switch it off..or get my food :o)

ginniebean
03-14-16, 10:32 AM
Like stef, I can't stand the beep and will stop it early. Other times I'm just impatient.

DJ Bill
03-14-16, 11:31 AM
Same here.. And I use the express cook where you only have to press one button and it automatically cooks for the number of minutes you pressed.

But that beep!!!RRRRRRRGH!

aeon
03-14-16, 11:44 AM
I don’t do that.

I just turn the beep off.

Or I just press stop.

I live alone, so no one would find it with 0:02 blinking.

But if I did, I would say some string of expletives. ;)

Cheers,
Ian

daveddd
03-14-16, 12:22 PM
I was just kidding

Fuzzy12
03-14-16, 12:30 PM
I was just kidding

:eek:

You kid about the sacred topic of stopping microwave ovens?? :faint:

:eyebrow:

Little Missy
03-14-16, 12:35 PM
I was just kidding

HA! You just made it up and started a thread about falsifications?

Pilgrim
03-14-16, 03:24 PM
When I was a kid , up until my 20's I would do this. I think I couldn't wait to start eating.

Now it stays in the microwave for an hour before I open the door.

daveddd
03-14-16, 04:19 PM
:eek:

You kid about the sacred topic of stopping microwave ovens?? :faint:

:eyebrow:

No that's the truth

About feeling bad

acdc01
03-14-16, 06:00 PM
I do it.

Seems to me like the people who it drives crazy are really the ones with the issues. Feels a little controlling to me. Not like leaving the numbers up makes any difference at all to their lives. There's still a clock on the oven as well as on their telephones.

Unmanagable
03-14-16, 06:44 PM
I freak peeps out even more by heating things up using a bamboo steamer instead of a microwave. No beeps or numbers to stress over. :)

Not ALL things, but as much as I can manage. It's been a learning process and requires much more patience than I'm able to muster up some days.

I tend to be pretty consistent about clearing the timer, and everyone else just lets it run until it beeps. No clock grief happenin' up in this crib, that I'm aware of, except for the damn time change and waking up when it's still dark. Grrrrrr

daveddd
03-15-16, 12:10 PM
I do it.

Seems to me like the people who it drives crazy are really the ones with the issues. Feels a little controlling to me. Not like leaving the numbers up makes any difference at all to their lives. There's still a clock on the oven as well as on their telephones.

thats true

a bit sociopathic

in fact they may be sociopaths

Little Missy
03-15-16, 12:45 PM
Why not? It prevents food blow-ups. No one likes to clean up that mess.