View Full Version : Does anyone else seem to grow muscle fast?

BellaVita
03-18-16, 07:12 AM
This has been a topic on my brain for a while, I'm just really curious about it. :)

I seem to be kind of weird, I tend to grow muscle fast. Now, I don't bulk up like those men on steroids :lol: - but I do have defined muscles. I am also quite strong.

Even as a kid, I was the strongest person in my class, stronger than the boys up until about 6th or 7th grade. I don't think another girl ever beat me at arm wrestling.

It was funny, because this quiet, shy little girl was so strong.

It doesn't take much working out for my muscles to grow, and to get stronger. I have been known to workout for 2 weeks and already see a change in my muscles. I get results fast.

Others have noticed too, growing up I would shyly say that the reason for me being so strong was because my (great) grandfather(I think that's what he was?) had been a wrestler. I mean, the fact he was a wrestler was true, but I guess that was the only thing I could come up with. It became a script for me and go-to line since this topic came up quite a bit.

This post I admit is a bit embarrassing somehow, but I couldn't find much with googling so thought I would bring it here. :)

My strength and athletic ability is one of the only things I know my body will not fail at, and gives me courage when it seems that medically my body likes to fail in so many different ways. I continue to hold onto this for as long as I can, and hope that the pain will not one day take this away from me.

Any other abnormally strong people out there? Any theories on why some people seem naturally stronger than others?

Unmanagable
03-18-16, 08:12 AM
I have no theories, just experience.

I've typically been stronger than the other females in my circles, but that was in my youth more so than now, after years of abusing self from the inside out via the end of my fork.

Being morbidly obese never afforded me an opportunity to see any defined muscles, or to ever be perceived as being strong, just fat and lazy.

Or if someone did notice the strength, credit was given to the mass and momentum of my body, not any muscle strength.

I had more lower than upper body strength, though. I remember the lady trainer at the gym I joined many moons ago working with me on the upper body aspects.

However, since I just lost a whole other person (110 lbs) from my person, I sure wish I could build those muscles a lot faster and tighten up this loose skin. My patience with self remains thin. Still a work in progress. lol

BellaVita
03-18-16, 08:28 AM
I have no theories, just experience.

I've typically been stronger than the other females in my circles, but that was in my youth more so than now, after years of abusing self from the inside out via the end of my fork.

Being morbidly obese never afforded me an opportunity to see any defined muscles, or to ever be perceived as being strong, just fat and lazy.

Or if someone did notice the strength, credit was given to the mass and momentum of my body, not any muscle strength.

I had more lower than upper body strength, though. I remember the lady trainer at the gym I joined many moons ago working with me on the upper body aspects.

However, since I just lost a whole other person (110 lbs) from my person, I sure wish I could build those muscles a lot faster and tighten up this loose skin. My patience with self remains thin. Still a work in progress. lol

Ah, cool. :)

I still think it is so awesome that you have lost so much - way to go! :) Must be a great feeling.

Best of luck on your continued journey and may you be confident in yourself.

Socaljaxs
03-18-16, 10:41 AM
Bella,
Me too! I think I get it from my father's side, even obese, with a severe slip of my vertebra and osteoporosis, I had muscle tone showing thru. Sadly, I've had my body physical fail me often, and yet I'm still extremely strong and overly flexible. Even when I was restricted from lifting even a milk carton, and was just losing weight I get toned like crazy. Embrace it, it's an awesome thing to have that natural ability of strength

GoalieMel33
03-18-16, 01:49 PM
I can relate, some of the areas on my body are faster at developping muscle, like biceps and calves. It's funny because when I flex my arms to look at them in the mirror, my sister is like ''eww stop doing that, it's not feminine'' lol.

I'm not doing bodybuilding or weight lifting. I just happen to have defined muscles from doing resistance training everyday. After a month, trapezius and forearm muscle started showing more as well.

As I am reserved, some people thought that I was weak and would frequently ask me if I needed help with moving my stuff (like the guys on my hockey team). I would politely decline and tell them I was okay.

Like you I'm naturally strong (especially in the legs but I can carry heavy weights too). I'm working on endurance. That backfires at me sometimes because I have issues with coordination so it's really hard for me to control my power or how much strength I put into an action (often too much).

For me, it doesn't run genetically. Most of my family members are small-sized and skinny (asian descent). I'm one of the few ones on the heavier side (without being obese). I know that while I wasn't the fastest or most agile person in the field when playing sports, I could compensate with my strength and that's what helped me in the defensive aspect.

anonymouslyadd
03-18-16, 01:56 PM
Bella...