View Full Version : How are you dressed at home?

Fuzzy12
03-19-16, 07:59 PM
I'm really curious...and maybe having a bout of vanity. Skip the long winded context below if you like and just answer the question. I am super curious.

I normally wear track bottoms and a t-shirt, exactly what I sleep in. I wear this in the evening as soon as I come home from work and all weekend long unless we go out somewhere. Sometimes I don't even brush my hair and my hair is basically a big mess even after tying it up and wearing weird and ugly headbands (otherwise my hair annoys me). No make-up and my glasses. And sometimes not even deo. Basically I'm a slob at home.

I don't get dolled up for work either. I wear decent clothes and my contact lens but that's it.

When I go out I just make marginally more effort but it seems to make a big difference to my appearance. I wear foundation and sometimes though rarely eye liner though it takes only 2 minutes to put on. I wear nice clothes. Today I even blow dried my hair so I don't have this stupid lion super thick super frizzy mane (though that is a fairly big effort...takes about 20min). And I liked the results. I felt pretty.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort but sometimes I feel bad for hubby that most of the time when he sees me I look so shabby. I'm not sure he's really bothered. He doesn't care much for appearances anyway. Maybe I should just make more of an effort in general, at home and for work. Maybe I should get laser eye surgery done to correct my vision because I can't wear my lens all the time and I look sucky with glasses. I'm just not sure it's worth the risk..or the effort. The whole problem with dressing up is that it is an extra effort but I remember it used to feel good to think that I'm looking all right.

I don't know what do you guys do? Does anyone get dressed in the morning irrespective of if they are going out or not? Do you make an effort to look nice or at least decent at home? :scratch:

Socaljaxs
03-19-16, 08:03 PM
At home with in the first 5 minutes my hair goes up in a messy bun socks/slippers go on clothes go bye bye and on goes my comfy baggy pj type pants and tank top, usually sporty track pants currently I'm sporting adidas oversized track pants. I personally hate shorts or tight bottoms when I'm just relaxing. Like my clothes loose and cozy.

And if people happen to come over, I usually know them well enough that I won't change for them. Depending on weather I may add undergarments or extra layers to tank top, but usually a oversized Hoody fixes that problem.

Fuzzy12
03-19-16, 08:07 PM
At home with in the first 5 minutes my hair goes up in a messy bun socks/slippers go on clothes go bye bye and on goes my comfy baggy pj type pants and tank top, usually sporty track pants currently I'm sporting adidas oversized track pants. I personally hate shorts or tight bottoms when I'm just relaxing. Like my clothes loose and cozy.

And if people happen to come over, I usually know them well enough that I won't change for them. Depending on weather I may add undergarments or extra layers to tank top, but usually a oversized Hoody fixes that problem.

Yup. I like loose and cosy too. Maybe a bit too much. :scratch:

People coming over without warning is s bit embarrassing because usually I don't even wear a bra at home.

Pilgrim
03-19-16, 08:13 PM
As little as possible, although during summer it has averaged about 30 Celsius

Unmanagable
03-19-16, 08:54 PM
I used to stress like crazy about every hair being in place, all my nails done, toe nails, too, usually with a cute little design or some bling, make-up had to be just right, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now, clean and comfortable is all that matters to me.

I dress rather colorfully in tie dyes quite often, and of course many peeps equate that with a "dirty hippie" image, so it's always a challenge, albeit a very entertaining one from where I'm standing. lol

I gave up using cosmetics after I learned greater details of what all is in them that I was willingly and damn near obsessively absorbing into my pores. Although, I just took a class with a girl who makes her own cosmetics, so now I have a local outlet if I decide to be pretty pimpin' again. Yay!

I find I have to be dressed to be productive, so I've started making it a point to prep as if I have to go to work or out into the community each morning, which is very casual to begin with compared to many, so it isn't much of a chore or challenge.

Once I get home from working/volunteering at the end of a day, it's yoga pants that can be made long or short, or sweats if it's cold, tank top or sweat shirt, or one of the hubster's flannel shirts, or my favorite robe (which is now way too big and is more like a super-sized snuggie blanket thingy) with my favorite tie dye socks.

I don't see it as being an issue with the hubster since he's never complained, and typically, he's busy sportin' his favorite flannel jammy pants and holey old school t-shirt, or matching holey shorts. I wouldn't want him to feel under dressed or anything. lol

I tend to feel worse about myself when I try to "feel pretty" and quickly go back to my comfort zone where I feel more like me and can naturally express myself.

Otherwise, I stay too distracted worrying if I have lipstick on my teeth, or if my mascara makes me look like Rocky Raccoon yet, or if my hair is still as poofy and in place as it was when I left home, or my feet hurt like a mofo from wearing shoes that are just foofy and NOT functional, etc. Too much pressure and way too many accessories required. lol

It's like my brain receives a message that I have to work even harder to improve upon what already exists just to be accepted or acknowledged as an equal or as being worthy of the most basic of things, and I've had more than enough of that in too many other arenas. Take me as I am, or don't. I no longer sweat it. I am, however, looking forward to skirt season this year (for the first time in forever) since there's much less of me. :)

Socaljaxs
03-19-16, 09:12 PM
Yup. I like loose and cosy too. Maybe a bit too much. :scratch:

People coming over without warning is s bit embarrassing because usually I don't even wear a bra at home.

No such thing as "too much cozy" for me, Instead of saying "I'm dressed like a slob" , I prefer to call it my own "glam-sporty grunge look".....

And wait up, Do people really go to another person's house without warning or show-up as adults unannounced or without a heads up anymore? I find that kinda behavior at least where I live regionally a social-taboo... Like it is a big social no-no to arrive at a person's house without warning...it's rude behavior, at least to do so, maybe other regional/geographic locations it's different. But here, it's disrespectful..

In regards to your other question about leaving the house. Unless it's errands, When I'm at work or go out-out, other than to the gym. I do put effort into how I look. I am a big believer in look good feel good. I find if I'm dressed up in a sense I'm more comfortable/confident in myself, especially around others in most settings...

For me, Daytime look , and work attire I dress and look a certain way, and nighttime/special occasions, holidays is a different look... Also each outing that I do is what determines my outfit and glam session, Makeup/hair/outfit.... I do spend the time getting glammed up. shower to out the door takes anywhere from about 15 minutes up to 3 hours sometimes.... But that's extreme and usually when I'm taking my time and multi-tasking while getting dressed :umm1::eek:

Daytime/work is super quick with getting ready...my makeup,even though it looks like a ton of effort, really only ever takes about 15 minutes max...night glam makeup is about 30-45 minutes (45 usually only happens with special occasion or Halloween/New Years or major celebration or event or if my makeup isn't cooperating:mad::mad::rolleyes:...

my go-to glam routine-mostly consistent of these methods but the technical and attention-to-detail is what changes depending on what or where I'm going.. But my overall leave the house method, regardless of day or night or special occasions look... routine is usually; brush/floss teeth, shower, body lotion/and a few different types of creams/serums &/or oil(dry skin and season determines which one)for body/face/hair moisturizer/cream,( while they dry back to cozy clothes lol.. If doing my hair plug in tools, needed for hair.. From there, it's hair and face priming, eye-shadow and lip-primer, poor minimizers/concealer.. Always full face with multiple layers of shadow contour look, top lid liquid-liner and bottom/ top waterline, is good quality( speeds the process up when it's a good liner, pencil- type retractable waterproof eye-liner, under eye-liner/shadows usually dark to light, then goes mascara also waterproof, sometimes eyelashes mostly only if ever at night though(waterproof and good quality-products and primers are key for me and to keep my makeup from falling and smudging.once the eyes are done..

It's time for full Face time, It's undereye. dark circle time and all over face, color correcting, than as needed concealer.. I also apply concealer both dark and light shades to where I plan to Contour.. Once, I'm prepped, I put foundation combined with illuminating shimmer to face and neck and blend it with different brushes. I also bake method and use blush highlighter bronzer and contour my face as needed... Then I do my eyebrows and lips and blend anywhere as needed. Hit the setting spray and done.. I love make up its fun for me to do, but it's really quick for me.

Have not yet applied this method to my body.. Will one day I will try though lol... Hey it's inexpensive plastic surgery hehe to contour makeup to body lol..

My hair is stick straight and doesn't do much, but I will blow dry and flat iron curl, volumize if needed.

Greyhound1
03-19-16, 09:13 PM
Always in shorts or soft cotton sweat pants and t-shirt. I change clothes the minute, I get home from work. When I am home, my only concern is being comfortable. I don't care what it looks like as long as it gets the job done.

I have a lot of sensory issues with clothing so being comfortable is of utmost importance to me, especially in my own home.

BellaVita
03-19-16, 09:56 PM
Isn't that normal?

I do something sort of similar - I wear comfortable clothes at home, often I end up in my workout shorts and tank/or t-shirt.

I very rarely wear makeup nowadays, my skin and face feel better that way. And I just don't have the spoons to wear makeup on a daily basis.

I only wear makeup mostly for special things, or in general once every few months....

My hair is straight and long so I just "wash and wear" and brush it every day. (If I don't, I have very fine hair so it tangles fast!) I never blow-dry it or anything. Thankfully it looks pretty good even without doing anything to it. I can't stand any sort of hairspray either because they give me a headache and make me feel ill.

I do wear deodorant every day.

I also wear my glasses every day.

I tend to save my "nicer clothes" for when I'm with dvd, but even those are comfortable. I am very very picky with clothes and even nice-looking and dressy have to be super comfortable and non-irritating. It's just a thing I do, and it is easier than doing my hair and make-up :D

My man much prefers me without makeup, just natural and comfy. He says he even finds me prettier that way. I'm all good with that. :D

BellaVita
03-19-16, 10:04 PM
Always in shorts or soft cotton sweat pants and t-shirt. I change clothes the minute, I get home from work. When I am home, my only concern is being comfortable. I don't care what it looks like as long as it gets the job done.

I have a lot of sensory issues with clothing so being comfortable is of utmost importance to me, especially in my own home.

Yep. :goodpost:

stef
03-20-16, 04:04 AM
Leggings, always, the shorter kind that end mid- leg ? if that makes sense,and long sleeved tshirts or sweatshirt or older soft tutleneck sweater
if i wore certain colfortable sweater i just leave them on with the leggings. husband does not care!

I dont change right away when i get home from work, not until right before dinner because then "my day is officially over"

i wear foundation and eyeliner every day. mascara and lipstick at work or going out. my hair takes forever to partly dry naturally and go back in the right direction, i use hotrollers when its getting straight. on weekends i just wear it in a clip. ii hate how my skin feels without mat foundation.

all of my stuff is mega comfottable and kind of plain colors. at work i loveto wear for example, tights, boots, denim skirt, black tutleneck. i like feeling dressed up for work. always have nails done.

Hermus
03-20-16, 06:24 AM
Just the casual clothing I'm wearing all day. Mostly jeans, either a button up shirt or a t-shirt. I just change my shoes for flip flops and if I haven't been out yet my hair will be messy. I won't leave the house without fixing my hair though.

sarahsweets
03-20-16, 09:50 AM
I think I am in the middle. I love makeup but I dont need it. But I tend to wear it most days because I like it. I am not one of those people that cant leave the house without it. I tend to get dressed in 'leaving the house clothes' I.E. jeans and sweaters or tshirts because I love my comfy clothes so much I would be super lazy if I wore them all day. The minute I know I dont need to do anything more, I wear my favorite sweat suit or sleep pants and super soft cotton shirt. Slippers go on as well. I read a long time ago that getting dressed with shoes encourages you to be more productive and for me, it does seem to direct my thinking a little bit more. At least I have less of an issue running the necessary errand if I am already dressed. I would love to wear the comfy stuff all day but I would end up lounging all day. I dont work but I have three kids and a house and husband to care for so my life isnt tv and chips all day either.
I am not someone who thinks I am ugly without makeup I just like it. Wild colors (like my hair) and sometimes barely any.

midnightstar
03-20-16, 10:14 AM
I just wear whatever I reach first that's comfortable :) Everything of mine is covered in cat hair and personally I don't care :lol:

Only cat hair free clothing I have is my work uniform :)

acdc01
03-20-16, 12:43 PM
At home, I don't wear shoes or socks. I wear my work clothes (my workplace isn't too formal so comfortable enough) when I get back from work. At some point I'll change into my sleep clothes (which are either pajamas or shorts and a shirt). When exactly I change varies but it's usually well before bed time.

On weekends it's the same pattern (day clothes and then sometime in evening change to night clothes). But my day clothes are more casual - jeans, sweats, shorts in the summer with a shirt.

I've never been a fan of makeup. I'm surprised so many don't wear it here or wear only a little. I wonder if ADHD just makes you less into taking the effort to do those things.

BellaVita
03-20-16, 01:02 PM
At home, I don't wear shoes or socks. I wear my work clothes (my workplace isn't too formal so comfortable enough) when I get back from work. At some point I'll change into my sleep clothes (which are either pajamas or shorts and a shirt). When exactly I change varies but it's usually well before bed time.

On weekends it's the same pattern (day clothes and then sometime in evening change to night clothes). But my day clothes are more casual - jeans, sweats, shorts in the summer with a shirt.

I've never been a fan of makeup. I'm surprised so many don't wear it here or wear only a little. I wonder if ADHD just makes you less into taking the effort to do those things.

For me, my skin doesn't tolerate most makeup. I get rashes extremely easily, and I'm allergic to a ton of things.

So I have special makeup that I use that took lots of trial-and-error to find, so it wouldn't irritate my skin/eyes, and it is fabulous.

But....I think the difference between me as a teenager (wearing makeup almost every day) and me now (rarely wear it) is that I feel more comfortable with myself PLUS I just don't have the dang energy or spoons to put it on!

I'm not saying it's that way for everyone, this is just my personal reason.

Combine that with the fact that the man I love finds me absolutely beautiful without it....doesn't leave much motivation for wearing it.

I would much rather spend my spoons wisely by cooking, laundry, showering, working out, and taking care of Loua. And doing fun activities. On the days I wear makeup it "costs me" and I have to do less things.

I'm also really enjoying my skin more without it having stuff on it.

I realize that as I age my sensory issues are worse than ever, I can feel every little bit of mascara on my eyelashes or the powder on my face. Doesn't matter if it is the best makeup ever, it still bugs me.

Plus when I wear makeup, my OCD comes out and I can stress over it being "perfect." It also tends to trigger checking of things, the cap of the mascara, opening and closing things....it can be quite stressful.

The feeling of fresh and healthy skin beats the feeling of getting weighed down by makeup for me.

So I guess I have lots of reasons for not wearing it. :)

Little Missy
03-21-16, 09:01 AM
Jeans, boots and an oxford shirt. Flannel in the winter. Alpaca cardigan. Pearls and mascara, hair coiffed as best as it will hold. Always my watch. I never take my boots off. Penny loafers with Indian Head pennies in them for summer with pedal pushers. Oxford with the sleeves rolled up.

Socaljaxs
03-21-16, 10:11 AM
Jeans, boots and an oxford shirt. Flannel in the winter. Alpaca cardigan. Pearls and mascara, hair coiffed as best as it will hold. Always my watch. I never take my boots off. Penny loafers with Indian Head pennies in them for summer with pedal pushers. Oxford with the sleeves rolled up.

Your style sounds so adorable just saying, you sound like you must be rocking your neighborhood!

Anyone else on here have, visual images that get put in the head of .....:ummm: hmm how do I put it.. Like visual images & style type looks everyone,else here based on what everyone else posted here.. Like each poster I get made image ideas of what others looks likes or each person style, based on thread?

I know what we assume someones style and exterior look of the others on here and what we make up in our mind. as to what each other looks like and the actual person are usually very different. I'm like some of the image ideas that stem based on this, I'm like wow I'm so curious as to how off or correct I actually am of the images each of each person my head created.

majestic walrus
03-21-16, 11:14 AM
I usually wear either sweatpants or jeans for bottoms. Then I wear a t-shirt and a sweatshirt. I don't really care to dress super nicely at home.

I do have a job that lets me work from home, and sometimes I have to do Skype meetings, but no one cares if I wear a sweatshirt. In fact, other people wear sweatshirts as well during our meetings, so it's pretty normal :)

I also walk around in socks usually, and sometimes slippers. I don't like to wear sneakers/shoes in the house, as they make my feet hot and I like to let my feet breathe. :o

Little Missy
03-21-16, 11:52 AM
ummmm, like Baby Houseman's hair and body only WAY older and a little nose. :lol:

Fuzzy12
03-21-16, 12:41 PM
Hm..Maybe I should put more effort into my appearance at home. I just feel so uncomfortable in anything but tracks. Especially jeans unless they are super loose and baggy but then I might as well wear tracks. I should probably brush my hair at least. My hair always looks messy though.

Any tips on how to make myself look a bit less shabby without actually having to put in more effort or be uncomfortable??? :lol:

Little Missy
03-21-16, 01:14 PM
Hm..Maybe I should put more effort into my appearance at home. I just feel so uncomfortable in anything but tracks. Especially jeans unless they are super loose and baggy but then I might as well wear tracks. I should probably brush my hair at least. My hair always looks messy though.

Any tips on how to make myself look a bit less shabby without actually having to put in more effort or be uncomfortable??? :lol:

oh, stop! I'm no glamour queen and I'll bet my hair is messier or just as messy looking as yours is. I'm into comfort. I don't wear stretchy sweats or track pants but I'm never dressed up unless I have to.
MASCARA! It just finishes any look. MASCARA!!

Fuzzy12
03-21-16, 01:36 PM
oh, stop! I'm no glamour queen and I'll bet my hair is messier or just as messy looking as yours is. I'm into comfort. I don't wear stretchy sweats or track pants but I'm never dressed up unless I have to.
MASCARA! It just finishes any look. MASCARA!!

I've noticed that just wearing eyeliner makes a huge difference. I don't look.so washed out anymore. I haven't found yet though an eyeliner or mascara that doesn't smear after a few hours..anything you can recommend? I also don't like those huge volume mascaras. My lashes are fairly long and dense anyway. I just want a bit of colour without smearing.

stef
03-21-16, 01:37 PM

There's no reason you shouldn't be comfortable at home! and especially for the next few months.
Maybe buy some new "tracks"?

Little Missy
03-21-16, 03:56 PM
I've noticed that just wearing eyeliner makes a huge difference. I don't look.so washed out anymore. I haven't found yet though an eyeliner or mascara that doesn't smear after a few hours..anything you can recommend? I also don't like those huge volume mascaras. My lashes are fairly long and dense anyway. I just want a bit of colour without smearing.

Actually, you want a just bit of a smudge unless you are using liquid eyeliner, that stuff can smear. An eye pencil is what I found to be the best for a bit of eyeliner if need be.
You are so lucky to have the dense and long eyelashes!

Little Missy
03-21-16, 03:57 PM
There's no reason you shouldn't be comfortable at home! and especially for the next few months.
Maybe buy some new "tracks"?

And good God, yes! You have to be comfortable. The Summer's heat will be coming nigh.

Fuzzy12
03-21-16, 05:22 PM
Actually, you want a just bit of a smudge unless you are using liquid eyeliner, that stuff can smear. An eye pencil is what I found to be the best for a bit of eyeliner if need be.
You are so lucky to have the dense and long eyelashes!

I use a kohl pencil mostly because I feel that eyeliners are too harsh. I mean they give too much of a contrast. Is that an eye pencil? How do you keep it from smudging? It smudges below my eyes even though I only apply it on my upper eye lid. :scratch:

psychopathetic
03-21-16, 06:08 PM
:o

First thing I do when I get home is take off my button up work shirt (I wear nice button up work shirts and an undershirt. I love the look on me. I have 9 different colors of the work shirts too! lol)...
and then...
down go my pants! :yes:

I've NO idea why either. I guess it probably started on a really hot summer day and then just became a habit.
I use to wear my pants at all times. I've slept in my pants since I can remember. Never liked the thought of sleepwear, and it was just darn convenient to not have to put my pants on in the mornings! lol

I do live alone though and I keep all my curtains closed.

TheGreatKing
03-21-16, 06:49 PM
At home its either i keep my jeans and shirt on or i just walk around in my boxers lol
thats all folks keep it simple!

Little Missy
03-21-16, 06:57 PM
I use a kohl pencil mostly because I feel that eyeliners are too harsh. I mean they give too much of a contrast. Is that an eye pencil? How do you keep it from smudging? It smudges below my eyes even though I only apply it on my upper eye lid. :scratch:

yes...I wonder why it is smudging so. You do know once it is on not to rub your eyes, right?

anonymouslyadd
03-22-16, 01:23 PM
I find I have to be dressed to be productive, so I've started making it a point to prep as if I have to go to work or out into the community each morning, which is very casual to begin with compared to many, so it isn't much of a chore or challenge.
I think this is important, and I believe we would all do well by heeding it. I also need to be dressed to do work. This doesn't mean that I wear a three-piece suit. Today, I'm wearing jeans, sneakers and a polo shirt. I'm also in our complexes business center, which helps me get into work mode.

It makes me feel better to get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, etc. I think it's an important habit to develop and maintain.

stef
03-22-16, 01:38 PM
I think this is important, and I believe we would all do well by heeding it. I also need to be dressed to do work. This doesn't mean that I wear a three-piece suit. Today, I'm wearing jeans, sneakers and a polo shirt. I'm also in our complexes business center, which helps me get into work mode.

If I ever do freelance translation work, I would pretty much have to do something like this. I imagine, I would get a good, light laptop and go work in a library or some kind of business center with access to a printer.

Fuzzy12
03-22-16, 01:54 PM
yes...I wonder why it is smudging so. You do know once it is on not to rub your eyes, right?

I do know..though sometimes I can't avoid it (or forget to avoid it..) :lol:

I'll try getting dressed this weekend in the morning irrespective of if I'm going out or not. I guess, I can find something that is both somewhat comfortable and doesn't look like sleep wear. :scratch:

psychopathetic
03-22-16, 01:56 PM

It makes me feel better to get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, etc. I think it's an important habit to develop and maintain.

I absolutely agree!

I use to dress like a complete slob...I'd wear t-shirts with dumb sayings on them, 1 or 2 sizes too big for me...and I'd wear them till they'd get holes in them...and the cheapest slacks money could buy. I am not proud of my past self.

But then just before starting college I decided I wanted to be dressed better. So I took a small loan out from my bank, and spent a bunch of money on some nice button up work shirts, some good quality slacks and some nice cologne.
It's not an amazing look or anything...but it's miles away from what I had been use to.
And I couldn't believe how it changed me! How much better I felt!
I went from hating going out because I knew I looked like trash...into feeling like I could walk into any room and look hella good lol...and so it just made it way easier for me to walk around campus with my head held high. That confidence boost helped me to do better in my classes too.

It's something I miss about working too. I don't take care of my hygiene quite as well as I did when I had a job and knew I had to be around people all day.

For me...it feels damn good to dress up.
I wish I could wear a tie...especially a bow tie. I look damn good in a bow tie. I wonder how goofy/dumb it'd be if I just decided to say screw the world and just started to wear one around one day lol. Even though I have no real need to wear it.

Holy cow! lol sorry for the long winded ramble! xP

BellaVita
03-22-16, 02:03 PM
My other comfortable item I love to wear....summer dresses!!!

I can't wait for summer dresses! Ahh!! They are so soft, light, and free!

And then just wearing my bathing suit around the house, lol I do that during summer too. (I'm a fish :D swimming is amazing)

Guys it's almost summer!!!! Or at least almost warmer :)

psychopathetic
03-22-16, 02:05 PM
:yes:
I'm getting SO antsy for summer to fully get here!!

Fuzzy12
03-22-16, 02:05 PM
I absolutely agree!

I use to dress like a complete slob...I'd wear t-shirts with dumb sayings on them, 1 or 2 sizes too big for me...and I'd wear them till they'd get holes in them...and the cheapest slacks money could buy. I am not proud of my past self.

But then just before starting college I decided I wanted to be dressed better. So I took a small loan out from my bank, and spent a bunch of money on some nice button up work shirts, some good quality slacks and some nice cologne.
It's not an amazing look or anything...but it's miles away from what I had been use to.
I went from hating going out because I knew I looked like trash...into feeling like I could walk into any room and look hella good lol...and so it just made it way easier for me to walk around campus with my head held high. That confidence boost helped me to do better in my classes too.

It's something I miss about working too. I don't take care of my hygiene quite as well as I did when I had a job and knew I had to be around people all day.

I wish I could wear a tie...especially a bow tie. I look damn good in a bow tie. I wonder how goofy/dumb it'd be if I just decided to say screw the world and just started to wear one around one day lol. Even though I have no real need to wear it.

No..no. Don't apologise. For me that's exactly the thing: I enjoy dressing up and I feel much better when I do but I struggle to do it unless there is a need. I feel stupid dressing up without a need.

But then maybe my need could be to just make myself feel better and more productive.

I can totally imagine you in a bow tie by the way and I image it to look fantastic!!!

BellaVita
03-22-16, 02:11 PM
I absolutely agree!

Awwwww. :) I'm so happy you found a good look. It truly does make a difference for going out.

Maybe you could wear your nice outfit for when you get together with your group to play cards? (Do you still do that?) Maybe it would help you win more. :D

I used to dress up all nice and fancy when I would take a test in highschool.(not every time but whenever I could) I know it sounds silly, but at the time I read that as a piece of advice for students or something....that it boosts your confidence and makes you perform better on the test.

Another thing that totally boosts my confidence: whitening my teeth! I use the 3D Crest Whitestrips Gentle Routine. I've used this type since I was a teen, they work quite well. They truly do help me feel better.

Makes me feel more comfortable smiling, too. Which makes me feel more comfortable interacting with people.

daveddd
03-22-16, 02:51 PM
nothing

clothes are a myth forced on us by the establishment

TheGreatKing
03-22-16, 02:55 PM

BOW TIES ARE AWESOME!:yes:

DOCTOR WHO STYLE :yes:

i approve this message :D

daveddd
03-22-16, 03:01 PM
out though

not summer, soft type jeans , hoody, doc martins, no coats ever

summer, shorts , soft plain t-shirts , sandals

Little Missy
03-22-16, 03:14 PM
The weather went winter again so I changed it up a bit with a fine wale courderoy oxford shirt instead. I'm really going daring here. Midnight blue with a tiny flowered print. I've been told it is "your Little House on the Prairie shirt."

Little Missy
03-22-16, 03:57 PM
out though

not summer, soft type jeans , hoody, doc martins, no coats ever

summer, shorts , soft plain t-shirts , sandals

I've always kind of admired those no coat guys. You all must be pretty tough.

Little Missy
03-22-16, 03:59 PM
Bow Ties only if they are in a tiny foulard.

Little Missy
03-22-16, 03:59 PM

wahahahahaha, I just realized, hahahahaha, kind of like my Little House on the Prairie shirt!

BellaVita
03-22-16, 04:04 PM
(Since he isn't here currently, I'll talk about him)
My fiancÚ usually wears a nice button up shirt and jeans. He is like me about the jeans, he has worn the same type since I think highschool. That is dedicated. But they look good. :)

I love the shirts that bring out his eyes, like a dark blueish green (it is really pretty, no idea what the name of the color is) I have a few favorites. He really has dazzling eyes and long full lashes that most girls would love to have.

Okay, I kinda miss him. I'll stop haha. :)

psychopathetic
03-22-16, 04:16 PM

lol I had to google search what a foulard was :lol:

I own 1 bow tie atm...and it is made of silk. It's red, and has a bunch of nerdy D&D dragons and symbols on it...and I sorta kinda love it! lol :lol:

(Since he isn't here currently, I'll talk about him)
My fiancÚ usually wears a nice button up shirt and jeans. He is like me about the jeans, he has worn the same type since I think highschool. That is dedicated. But they look good. :)

I love the shirts that bring out his eyes, like a dark blueish green (it is really pretty, no idea what the name of the color is) I have a few favorites. He really has dazzling eyes and long full lashes that most girls would love to have.

Okay, I kinda miss him. I'll stop haha. :)

Does he ever wear a tie?
And does he tuck his shirts in? I actually like the look of untucked a lot. It still looks good and professional to me...but also a heck of a lot more relaxed than tucked.

lol I don't know what my sudden obsession is with ties.
Think I'm going to start wearing a tie around my house. Just cause! :p

BellaVita
03-22-16, 04:27 PM
Does he ever wear a tie?
And does he tuck his shirts in? I actually like the look of untucked a lot. It still looks good and professional to me...but also a heck of a lot more relaxed than tucked.

lol I don't know what my sudden obsession is with ties.
Think I'm going to start wearing a tie around my house. Just cause! :p

No, he doesn't wear a tie.

He is a shirt-tucker. But I agree with you, untucked often looks very nice and you're right still looks good and professional. I think he has tucked for years and it is just a habit. I've convinced him to untuck a couple times. :)

Hahaha that's cool! Go for it!

Do you ever wear a vest? I love the look of a grey vest over like a white shirt. And then wearing one of those nice decorative things in the vest pocket. (I forget what they're called)

psychopathetic
03-22-16, 04:33 PM
No vests for me. But all this talk about clothes makes me want to go clothes shopping again...and upgrade my current wardrobe to even nicer/fancier stuff! lol

daveddd
03-23-16, 08:39 PM
I've always kind of admired those no coat guys. You all must be pretty tough.

just warm a lot

TheGreatKing
04-01-16, 03:06 PM
tshirt and jeans my friends :)

Unmanagable
04-10-16, 11:43 AM
Today's outfit is super sexy, so I thought I'd share a verbal visual. lol

Two layers of long johns, two pairs of socks, Levi's jeans, tie dye t-shirt, rubber rain boots with a cool design, hubster's flannel shirt, blue bandana tied on my head with my winter toboggan on top of it. Awww snap!!! Look out!!!

Hahahahahaha! "Here she comes, Ms. Farmin' 'Merica..........." Hahahahahaha!!!

Little Missy
04-10-16, 12:48 PM
Jeans, boots and an hombre plaid flannel.

TheGreatKing
04-10-16, 02:33 PM
Today's outfit is super sexy, so I thought I'd share a verbal visual. lol

Two layers of long johns, two pairs of socks, Levi's jeans, tie dye t-shirt, rubber rain boots with a cool design, hubster's flannel shirt, blue bandana tied on my head with my winter toboggan on top of it. Awww snap!!! Look out!!!

Hahahahahaha! "Here she comes, Ms. Farmin' 'Merica..........." Hahahahahaha!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:yes:

TheGreatKing
04-10-16, 02:34 PM
Right now, just a tshirt and boxers my friends.
Living life large today :p

DJ Bill
04-10-16, 02:40 PM
Long sleeve t shirt, Short sleeve shirt with collar, (If it is really cold, long sleeve) and nice jeans. I bought a couple pair on clearance in my size that were a bit tighter than I normally wear but they are stretch jeans so I can wear them. If I'm feeling adventurous I wear those but if not, dark regular fit jeans work for me. Shoes, either hiking boots, sneakers, or oxford style boots. Lately I've become obsessed with having black shoes and belts if I'm wearing black or gray. If I am in brown, they have to be brown.

Used to be just a stained old t shirt and jeans with grease spots kinda guy. As I lost weight I started to care a bit more. (And I had to get new clothes anyway!) Now the old clothes get used for rags or the better ones get used for working on projects.

aeon
04-10-16, 04:48 PM
I get dressed when I go out. ;)

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
04-10-16, 04:49 PM
I get dressed when I go out. ;)

Cheers,
Ian

walla-walla-hoolie!!

Little Missy
04-10-16, 04:59 PM
Jeans, boots and an hombre plaid flannel.

Had to change, I dribbled toothpaste all down the front of me. That **** never "sponges off."

Dark day so now its that Mc Whatever dark green and navy tartan plaid flannel oxford. Button up Lucky's - OLD! - and boots. LOL here I come. Not In The Mood.

Daydreamin22
04-11-16, 09:04 PM
t shirt and black leggings. I have been in them for a while. I slept in the t-shirt. I haven't been anywhere today!

Little Missy
04-11-16, 09:51 PM
Seersucker oxford in dark colours, jeans and boots.