View Full Version : Any good reviews on provigil for adhd?

oreganosis222
03-20-16, 03:42 PM
In past threads I've said I wanted to try desoxyn, but my odds of this happening are zero. I've been doing some research and found that provigil(modafinil) has become popular in treating ADHD. I've read studies finding it as effective as dexidrine and adderall, but I've found very few reviews for it on its effectiveness for ADHD, has anyone here tried or take provigil, and is it effective for you?

oreganosis222
03-21-16, 01:20 PM
I guess not.

Fuzzy12
03-21-16, 02:41 PM
I found it very helpful. Not as helpful as Dex amphetamine but it did definitely help with focus (and made me more alert) though I didn't take it long enough to know if it helped with anything else. It gave me bad anxiety and a rash which is why I had to stop. It's definitely worth trying.

Strutsen
03-21-16, 03:07 PM
I found it very helpful. Not as helpful as Dex amphetamine but it did definitely help with focus (and made me more alert) though I didn't take it long enough to know if it helped with anything else. It gave me bad anxiety and a rash which is why I had to stop. It's definitely worth trying.

What did you try before provigil? I'm in the same seat I've dropped the ritalin/concerta due do inc anxiety and dex or provigil is next up.

Fuzzy12
03-21-16, 03:31 PM
What did you try before provigil? I'm in the same seat I've dropped the ritalin/concerta due do inc anxiety and dex or provigil is next up.

Nothing .. that was the first med for adhd I tried. My psychiatrist recommended methyl phenidate but he had some problems ordering it which is why he wanted me to try modafinil till then.

From all meds I've tried I liked Dex the best. Fewest side effects and decent symptom control.

oreganosis222
03-21-16, 04:06 PM
So far vyvanse has been the only thing to work for me, but it caused severe anxiety and some depression, but due to the severity of my ADHD I dealt with it. It stopped working, abruptly. So now I'm having to try other, so far none have worked.

sarahsweets
03-21-16, 04:54 PM
My husband takes provigil for narcolepsy and adhd. the narcolepsy became the greater concern so he switched from ritalin to provigil- and this was when there was no generic. I would say it works mostly well for the adhd.

Strutsen
03-21-16, 05:31 PM
Nothing .. that was the first med for adhd I tried. My psychiatrist recommended methyl phenidate but he had some problems ordering it which is why he wanted me to try modafinil till then.

From all meds I've tried I liked Dex the best. Fewest side effects and decent symptom control.

Did you have any comorbidities present such as anxiety? Im currently 14 days on brintellix but I'm more tired than ever, trying to sort out which med I should go for.

Fuzzy12
03-23-16, 01:41 PM
Did you have any comorbidities present such as anxiety? Im currently 14 days on brintellix but I'm more tired than ever, trying to sort out which med I should go for.

Anxiety is a strange one for me. It's very episodic. It's usually triggered by a culmination of many events and then it lasts for a period of time (upto a few months). Otherwise I don't have a problem with anxiety. Well, I'm always baseline stressed. I have a problem with depression as well. I'm diagnosed with BP II but I suspect it's just good old unipolar depression.

Brintellix is an anti depressant, isn't it? Are you taking any meds for ADHD? Nothing helped me more with depression than stimulants.

Strutsen
03-23-16, 02:15 PM
Anxiety is a strange one for me. It's very episodic. It's usually triggered by a culmination of many events and then it lasts for a period of time (upto a few months). Otherwise I don't have a problem with anxiety. Well, I'm always baseline stressed. I have a problem with depression as well. I'm diagnosed with BP II but I suspect it's just good old unipolar depression.

Brintellix is an anti depressant, isn't it? Are you taking any meds for ADHD? Nothing helped me more with depression than stimulants.

Ritalin gave me suicide thoughts so we dropped it and my doc said we should target the anxiety/depression(Brintellix yes) and then try Vyvanse/Adderall within 1-3 weeks.

I got my adhd in january and everything is so slow here in Sweden, I wish we had the same knowledge like NA but the docs knows less than patients and they often refuse to listen.

I might feel better when this cold weather goes away. I'm always in the worst mood during sep-may.