View Full Version : Ebony :D

midnightstar
03-21-16, 05:49 PM
She just let me hold her for nearly a minute :D

She hates getting picked up and normally struggles like crazy to get away so for her to let me hold her at all is a massive breakthrough :D

psychopathetic
03-21-16, 06:04 PM
:D

:grouphug:

This put a nice smile on my face lol :)

Lunacie
03-21-16, 06:07 PM
I knew you'd win her over ... someday. So glad it's finally happening. :D

TheGreatKing
03-21-16, 06:53 PM
What is the story behind ebony?, i feel like am missing a great story :D

midnightstar
03-21-16, 06:59 PM
What is the story behind ebony?, i feel like am missing a great story :D

She's my gorgeous kitty in my avatar, basically her owners decided to abuse her and break her ribs then dump her and her kittens on the streets :( then she got picked up by rescue when she had a really bad infection and was very poorly girl and the rescue pulled her through but she was mentally scarred by her experiences which meant for a long time she was terrified of getting picked up, she has always been okay getting stroked by someone she knows but nobody else <3 so yeah I spent the past 2 years looking after her and trying to teach her that the world isn't always a scary cruel place and getting picked up by me isn't meant as a scary thing :) <3

Hence why I am so thrilled about her letting me have proper cuddles from her today :D

Plus she's got asthma which means she has no option but to get handled even when she wants to be left alone (because she needs her inhaler) :grouphug:

TheGreatKing
03-21-16, 07:08 PM
I knew i was missing something :)
Thanks for sharing that incredible story :)
Well i am so happy that she let you cuddle her!
awesome i say just awesome!:D

psychopathetic
03-21-16, 10:55 PM
:grouphug:

Fortune
03-22-16, 12:17 AM
Ebony is an awesome kitty.

anonymouslyadd
03-22-16, 12:29 AM
Good!

psychopathetic
03-22-16, 12:55 AM
Ebony is an awesome kitty.

And Midsy is an awesome furmommy! :yes: :giggle:

Fuzzy12
03-22-16, 03:06 AM
Awe.... I'm over the moon every time there is progress with the budgies as well. They don't like being handled either and I have to give one of them medicine every day. Poor little thing. It's such an ordeal for her.

ginniebean
03-22-16, 12:26 PM
Oh my goodness midnight, that poor lil girl. Thank goodness she found you! I'm almost in tears hearing what the poor thing went thru. How horrible! I'm glad she's starting to trust again.

stef
03-22-16, 12:50 PM
Star that's lovely!
It takes A LOT of work and love to gain the trust of a cat which has been hurt or frightened.