View Full Version : life sucks

stride
03-21-16, 07:12 PM
Hi I am new here and my life really sucks! I've been told that I have adhd just recently and it felt so bad I googled adhd on the web and it really confirmed that I do have ADHD even since childhood. I didn't know it before cuz my family doesn't accept their daughter could a "special" and they just past it as me being difficult. But even then I do feel that I am different from other kids I feel like my brain goes over drive with daydreams and I can't seem to focus, I feel like running around and smiling to myself like a sicko, and I see everything so boring and uninteresting that I keep want to go abroad or somewhere to keep my mind of things. Please can someone help me with this problem?!

Delphine
03-21-16, 09:19 PM
Hello and welcome here.

Feeling bad about oneself is not an unusual feeling for anyone here! :)

The things you describe are painful and you definitely need a bit of support with that.

Maybe going abroad is something you need to do, and maybe it's not quite the thing for you right now. The first thing to do is to get comfortable with where you are right now, and move forward from there.

Never let anyone in your life make you feel difficult. Your first step is to feel okay with who you are, despite anyone elses opinions.

After you get that in place, you can decide where you want to go from here.

But first things first. You need to feel okay about you and where you are. xxx

stride
03-22-16, 04:05 AM
Thanks Delphine. I had recently known that I have ADHD and I don't know how to coup with this problem. I am 24 and I am from the Philippines and in a family that does not accept that one of third child has ADHD even though they knew when I was little that I was different from other kids my family just past it up as childish behaviour. Its so hard for me being like this cuz i was not check by a doctor or psychiatrist when I was little so I have no idea how to handle with what I'm experiencing about myself. And that's why I grew up antisocial without any friends because they just seem to see me as some kind of psycho person and if I do make friends I don't how to keep them because I'm afraid that they might hate me. That why grew up lonely, fat, and so discourage in life and still trying to find decent work that I could do. My life is miserable and I'm still waiting for the day that I would have friends and that my family would understand me and maybe find work that fits me. :( Please I just don't know what to do anymore. I need a miracle!

sarahsweets
03-22-16, 04:29 AM
Hi I am new here and my life really sucks! I've been told that I have adhd just recently and it felt so bad I googled adhd on the web and it really confirmed that I do have ADHD even since childhood. I didn't know it before cuz my family doesn't accept their daughter could a "special" and they just past it as me being difficult. But even then I do feel that I am different from other kids I feel like my brain goes over drive with daydreams and I can't seem to focus, I feel like running around and smiling to myself like a sicko, and I see everything so boring and uninteresting that I keep want to go abroad or somewhere to keep my mind of things. Please can someone help me with this problem?!

The things you mentioned about life sucking seem to be things that you have been told by your family or experienced from your family. How do YOU feel about it? We cant look at ourselves through someone elses lenses.

stride
03-24-16, 10:43 AM
The things you mentioned about life sucking seem to be things that you have been told by your family or experienced from your family. How do YOU feel about it? We cant look at ourselves through someone elses lenses.

Its true that everyone in my life have comment about me being this "girl with this freakish personality", to put it lightly, and thier reaction was really negative and for that it really pains me. I cannot deny that all their hurtful comments about me really affects my feelings, I mean, for part of my life I thought I was living like any other average girl out there and then suddenly I've grown up and all I've been doing in life was crushed because my family said that "I'm abnormal". At first I didn't thought about it too much cuz maybe they were just kidding but when they frequently say that to me its like my whole world came tumbling down just because I act weirdly to them. They were OK about behavior when I was just kid but now they seem to see me in a whole new perspective, like real weird me.

I don't know how I felt with all of this, and I suddenly got discourage, and when time went on I felt depressd. I didn't how to handle it becuz I was not prescribe by a doctor to any medication I just lived with this through out my life. I'm 24 currently, still managing things on my own, unemployed, and depressed then I've found this forum. Is it to late to seek help?

Little Missy
03-24-16, 12:22 PM
It is never too late to seek help!

renjas
03-27-16, 01:30 AM
It really helped me when I embraced my adhd. yeah it makes life challenging but that just means you have to find different ways to do things. my coworkers say my thinking is backwards so I tend to look at everything differently. My boss says I have good ideas but my communication skills are awful. Find a support group. I attend one and my life is so much better now. someone will voice thier problem and we go around the room and tell what we did and if it worked. or if it didn't work. it also made my problems seem smaller and I can laugh at myself now. Memorize the saying "First things first".
Find a support group or a therapist. Meds can take a while to find the right dose and medication that works for u. But if you can find a support group u can start getting support right away. and maybe u won't be so bored. Good Luck