View Full Version : Current generic Spansule manufactures 2016? Which do you prefer

jeeper541
03-22-16, 05:29 PM
What are my options for Spansules as of 2016. I am currently on mallinckrodt but would like to try some others

mallinckrodt seem really strong and seem to make me get pissy a whole lot easier then normal. If I keep a good mind set they are not bad at all.
the IR does not cause this at all

Anyway so who all makes the Spansules and what do you prefer? What have you tried and how do they compare?

I am sure this has all been discussed in random posts in the past but I could do for some conversation for the heck of it

aeon
03-22-16, 07:09 PM
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169551

jeeper541
03-22-16, 07:14 PM
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169551

Seems people not giving much detail or talking about Ir versions. Must be a beaten topic or something. :/ Back to google I guess

thomass
03-22-16, 07:52 PM
I think there are only two... Barr and mall, but I could be wrong. I'm sure you you get Barr pretty easily at your local big chain pharmacy.

thomass
03-23-16, 10:20 AM
Btw, if u get the goodRX app, you can see pictures of all the generics, as well as prices in your area

jeeper541
03-23-16, 10:29 AM
Btw, if u get the goodRX app, you can see pictures of all the generics, as well as prices in your area

Cool thanks for that!

Naussicaa
04-08-16, 07:50 PM
Agree with Aeon. Mallikrodt is the best.

Barr is garbage.

sarahsweets
04-09-16, 03:33 AM
I have had better luck with Barr but the pharmacy change to mallidroit and that seems ok too.

Sickle
04-13-16, 04:22 PM
I liked Barr. There's a branded generic too in one of it's sister companies to Amedra, Corepharma. I forget the name too. I'd prefer those because Brand Dexedrine Spansules are great but also $1200. I used to pay under $50 out of pocket for Brand Spansules with old tablets in 2003-2007/8. Dextrostat worked great too. Mallinckrodt is great but 10 mg tablets seem different from 5 mg ones, which I hated. My pharmacy gets Barr or Corepharma and the Branded Generic, which was from the brand name company. In a different capsule.

jeeper541
04-26-16, 12:58 PM
I recently received some corepharma 10mg spansules and 1st time I took it I did not like it and I tried again the next day and seemed to respond better. It has been a couple weeks and I do like them alot. I also like the Malls but these seem to be smoother and give me much less agitation

Mom2ry
04-30-16, 05:43 PM
I'm sure this is a dumb question but we're brand new to this with my daughter...but how do you know which manufacturer your meds are coming from?

Little Nut
05-01-16, 01:12 AM
Jeeper, Never got pissy on Dexedrine IR, but I did on Adderall XR. It was whenever the Adderall dose was wearing off. Just wonderin' if that is when you notice it. The fact that the Adderall XR dose was too high for me may have been part of it. -LN

jeeper541
05-20-16, 06:18 PM
Jeeper, Never got pissy on Dexedrine IR, but I did on Adderall XR. It was whenever the Adderall dose was wearing off. Just wonderin' if that is when you notice it. The fact that the Adderall XR dose was too high for me may have been part of it. -LN

It was the extended release and it was always about half way through the dose everything just irritated me. I found out my dose was simply to high

sarahsweets
05-22-16, 05:39 AM
I'm sure this is a dumb question but we're brand new to this with my daughter...but how do you know which manufacturer your meds are coming from?

NOT dumb at all!
Lets pretend you have a script for advil.
The pharmacy fills it with the generic so the bottle says either ibuprophin, or generic for advil, something like that.
Next to the name of the drug you can usually see the name of the manufacturer or at least the first few letters of who makes it.
So in our pretend advil case, if you got the brand the manufacturer would say 'motrin' or 'advil'
The generic would say 'ibuprophin- cvs, great value,osco,kirkland or some other generic store brand name.

When I took adderall the generic said 'amphetamine salts er or xr (cant remember) and the maker was global.
For my dex its dextroamphetamine and the make is Barr.

adhdseeker
05-26-16, 09:10 PM
I strongly prefer Barr to Mall. Is "Spansules" another variety? Also, what's the difference between controlled release and extended release?

Laserbeak
07-21-16, 12:41 AM
Mine are CorePharma but covered under my insurance as a generic, only $1 copay for 60 15mg /month.

wizfor
08-28-16, 01:17 AM
I strongly prefer Barr to Mall. Is "Spansules" another variety? Also, what's the difference between controlled release and extended release?

Do you mean Teva? I'm just confused because Teva bought Barr, but do they still label them as Barr? Meds I've got say Teva on them. I recent got Malli and so far is sucking balls. Less concentration and a lot worse come down, wtf

adhdseeker
09-14-16, 12:35 PM
Do you mean Teva? I'm just confused because Teva bought Barr, but do they still label them as Barr? Meds I've got say Teva on them. I recent got Malli and so far is sucking balls. Less concentration and a lot worse come down, wtf

Yeah, they still label them as BARR. For me it's written on the capsule. And I agree -- Mall makes me super pissy! And makes my jaw super tight.

Has anyone tried Maylin brand? They started manufacturing Dex as of August 1, 2016. I can't find BARR anywhere so I think I'll need to get it and curious what people think. Thanks.

adhdseeker
11-16-16, 01:50 PM
Amedra -- should I get this? What do you think?