View Full Version : Anyone find Buspar helpful for concentration?

sbcy
03-24-16, 03:42 AM
From what I understand, it's an anxiolytic but it seems to help me concentrate - particularly when I first started it. I was able to zone in on and lock into whatever content I was trying to absorb as opposed to just hearing meaningless words. Seems to have decreased in effectiveness though after the first couple weeks.

Anyone else have experience with Buspar or have any idea what might be going on here? My doc doesn't really believe that it helps with concentration.

Andi
03-24-16, 11:09 AM
For me the anxiety and pins and needles feeling that I felt for what seemed like forever made my inability to focus far worse. My conditions were like layers of an onion; there were so many issues happening at once it was difficult to pinpoint just one cause and effect. I will agree with the first brush of relief from having no anxiety did improve symptoms for my focus problems but it was a first step in a long journey of fixing issues. Unfortunately the overwhelming hunger that came with it stopped me from taking it but I will agree that without anxiety there was a slight improvement but my inattentiveness is still an issue when compared to "normal" and my anxiety today will still impact my inability to focus. The two appear to be common comorbid disorders.