View Full Version : High doses of methylphenidate

Ironklaus
03-30-16, 02:05 PM
Hi. I read avarage dose of methylpenidate is 20-30 mg daily.
Is there anyone here who takes more than 30 mg? How much mg do you take?

namazu
03-30-16, 02:10 PM
I take considerably more than 30mg/day, as prescribed by my doctor.

I'm curious, though -- if you find that methylphenidate makes you angry, why would you consider a higher dose?

Ironklaus
03-30-16, 02:21 PM
I take considerably more than 30mg/day, as prescribed by my doctor.

I'm curious, though -- if you find that methylphenidate makes you angry, why would you consider a higher dose?

Oh, how much methylpenidate do you take daily?

namazu
03-30-16, 02:32 PM
How much I take is irrelevant, but it is much higher than 30mg/day.

For what it's worth, Concerta comes in 54mg pills, and has a recommended daily maximum dose of 72mg/day. (Not all of that is absorbed, and some people take more than that with their doctors' approval.)

Ironklaus
03-30-16, 02:37 PM
How much I take is irrelevant, but it is much higher than 30mg/day.

For what it's worth, Concerta comes in 54mg pills, and has a recommended daily maximum dose of 72mg/day. (Not all of that is absorbed, and some people take more than that with their doctors' approval.)

I just wanted to know how much methylphenidate others take daily.

namazu
03-30-16, 02:38 PM
That's fair, but given that you've said that even small doses of methylphenidate make you angry or give you heart problems, I don't understand why you are interested in other people's higher doses.

Ironklaus
03-30-16, 02:40 PM
That's fair, but given that you've said that small doses of methylphenidate makes you angry, why are you interested in other people's higher doses?

Wow. You OK? I just asked a question.

namazu
03-30-16, 02:42 PM
I'm fine, thanks.

I am just curious why you asked the question you asked.

Usually when people ask questions like that, it's because they feel they need a high dose, or because their doctor wants to increase their dose.

Ironklaus
03-30-16, 02:44 PM
I'm fine, thanks.

I am just curious why you asked the question you asked.

Usually when people ask questions like that, it's because they feel they need a high dose, or because their doctor wants to increase their dose.

I just wanted to ask a question and then I asked it. Thats all. Nothing special.

aeon
03-30-16, 10:26 PM
Back when I took methylphenidate, I took 108mg/day as 2x54mg Concerta OROS.

Cheers,
Ian

Ironklaus
03-31-16, 01:14 AM
Back when I took methylphenidate, I took 108mg/day as 2x54mg Concerta OROS.

Cheers,
Ian

Thank you for your answer.

KellyS
03-31-16, 04:46 PM
Thank you for your answer.

Pay attention that if one find something helpful at a certain dosage, somebody else might find it extremely detrimental. having that said, don't go more more than what it is recommended with methylphenidate because if you do you might find some nasty side effects. also, even if you really need to do it then do it very slowly. take a bit more than recommended for a few days and notice the effects. if everything's alright then add a bit more and stay with that dosage a few more days. and so on until you got the desired dosage. wish you all the best...

Simargl
03-31-16, 05:42 PM
I'm currently taking 7.5mg of Methylphenidate IR as needed.

Roundmouth
04-02-16, 08:05 PM
Is 72 considered a high dose then? I take 54 in the morning and 18 at lunch, I do notice some effect but I'm far from satisfied. I've tried taking the whole dose at once in the morning and I still feel under-medicated, so I'd probably need at least 90 in the morning. I've also tried taking less or none in the morning and more at mid day, 36 feels like minimum for noon and evening, I'd probably need some 54. In all that would make some 144. So if 72 is high, then 144 would be like... higher...

Radio Hiker
04-09-16, 04:40 PM
I'm on 54mg extended-release generic Methylphenidate, taken once in the morning.

I'm also working on non-medicinal measures to aid in my focus and general productivity. I've read that having a physical fitness regimen, along with a healthy diet, can greatly help us ADHD'ers. So Monday I'm starting a 12 week physical fitness program, called "Lee Labrada's 12 Week Lean Body Trainer".

If things go well, I should be more focused and may even be able to stop taking a statin for high cholesterol. Oh, and I'll be in great shape too!