View Full Version : Target/CVS Takeover - Mallinckrodt

mdtherock
03-31-16, 02:18 PM
I've been taking Mallinckrodt 10 mg IR x 60 for the last 4 years or so and it is completely different than Barr for me. Target was always consistent. Horrible experience with Barr. That's all that is around here.

I'm in the Philly area. Now that CVS owns Target's pharmacies, they carry Barr just like CVS. Anybody know where else I can get Mallinckrodt without ordering it? I'd rather not go through explaining why I want a place to order and having them not believe me.

I've heard people mention Giant Eagle. Is that the same as Giant grocery stores?

Thanks!

Socaljaxs
03-31-16, 05:23 PM
Every location will be different. What is carried at my cvs won't be the same as what your cvs carries.

Best option I've found is small mom/pop doctor buildings location pharmacies. They usually have multiple generics available so when you get your Prescription refilled you just ask for the specific generic..

Also the Costco here only carries the generic you prefer

Jenn1202
04-01-16, 02:55 AM
You could talk to your doc and explain what's going on. Basically your doc can write you a prescription for Mallinckrodt only (no pharmacist can argue with that).

Naussicaa
04-05-16, 02:51 AM
You could talk to your doc and explain what's going on. Basically your doc can write you a prescription for Mallinckrodt only (no pharmacist can argue with that).
Unfortunately with Dexedrine, they did with me.

They said they couldn't order another brand because it was in their contract to order from one place. I would have had to wait for a shipment from another place which had the same brand (Barr) or just pick it up. I chose to just pick it up.