View Full Version : Rexulti

SueZQ42
04-04-16, 01:38 PM
Has anyone tried Rexulti yet? I have been taking it for 4 days now as an additive to Prozac. Abilify made me gain too much weight. Which in turn kept me in depression mode. Now I read the insert and it says Rexulti can cause weight gain too. Ugh.....

bobabuoy
04-04-16, 10:50 PM
I'm on it right now and I already feel fatter. It might be because of my depression, though, and I've just been eating more to try and make me feel better.

SueZQ42
04-05-16, 09:14 AM
How long have you been taking it?

bobabuoy
06-16-16, 10:58 PM
I took it for a month and it gave me the worst depression of my life. Even worse was that it took so long to get out of my system because of its long half life.

DJgirl
06-17-16, 12:34 PM
What is it supposed to do ? My friends doctor gave it to her but she's afraid to take it.

peripatetic
07-05-16, 11:54 PM
What is it supposed to do ? My friends doctor gave it to her but she's afraid to take it.

Like many antipsychotics now, it can be used for different things; i.e. Things other than psychosis. Do you know why your friend's doctor prescribed it?

Arei
05-07-17, 10:21 PM
Coming in here to say this is the best damn thing I have ever taken in my life. It is magical. I switched from Symbyax to this and there was some really annoying insomnia the first two weeks but after that its been smooth sailing. No more extreme fatigue for meeeeee~ I feel so much calmer and chill. It's definitely the shining star/most essential of all my meds. It definitely makes me feel the closest to "normal" that I've felt in a long long time. God I wish I didn't live in the eternal sinus hell that is Texas, otherwise I would be golden. Love love love Rexulti. Definitely the antipsychotic for me.

Its definitely not causing the weight gain on me that the Symbyax did, for sure. I gained a lot of weight on that. I'm actually losing a little weight on the Rexulti (but I'm also balancing my meds and getting into a better mental state, working out, etc.). My doctor told me Rexulti isn't supposed to be AS bad with weight gain as olanzapine and abilify.

I still have to take a bunch of other medication to balance my bipolar, but this has DEFINITELY made the biggest difference of anything I've ever taken.