View Full Version : 50mg vyvanse weight confusion

Anonanon
04-05-16, 11:38 AM
Hi, im currently prescribed 50mg but I prefer taking 40mg so I feel less dependent. I thought i could split the capsule and weight out 40mg and toss it in a gelatin capsule i bought. That being said, when i took out the powder pellet from my 50mg, it weighed .130g=130mg. How should I split it so I get a 40mg equivalent?

namazu
04-05-16, 11:22 PM
Some of what's inside the capsule is filler, and it would be difficult to split it with precision. The manufacturer specifically advises against trying to split pills because you're likely to get inconsistent and irregular doses.

What do you mean by "feeling dependent"? Do you feel that the 50mg dose is too high because of side effects, or just because it sounds like a lot?

You would probably be better off taking the pills intact until you finish this bottle, and then asking your doctor for a 40mg prescription next time.

Contact your doctor if you're having other side effects that need to be addressed sooner.

QuasarMind
04-11-16, 01:27 PM
4/5*130mg?

Ask your doc for 40mg? Or take the Vyvanse with food to dilute it

dvdnvwls
04-11-16, 01:34 PM
... with food to dilute it

Food does not dilute Vyvanse.

QuasarMind
04-14-16, 04:45 PM
Food does not dilute Vyvanse.

My personal experience is that it has a huge effect on the potency of Vyvanse, I suppose this might not be true for some people but if that is the case my stomach works extra-terrestrial different from other people, which might be true. I find I have to fast for 3-hours before and after taking Vyvanse and not drink any heavy liquids either, but food is the worst. I found eating a semi-light meal with Vyvanse or within the first hour will kill the potency by about 75%, 2nd hour about 50% and 3rd hour none.

dvdnvwls
04-15-16, 01:05 AM
When you say "potency", do you mean real-world potency, or do you mean your subjective perception of potency?

QuasarMind
04-16-16, 09:01 PM
When you say "potency", do you mean real-world potency, or do you mean your subjective perception of potency?

I mean the perceived effect of the medication in my system, which may not be linier with blood levels.

Today I ate a medium light meal w/ within 10 minutes of taking my Vyvanse and I feel like I haven't taken any Vyvanse today. I hate this problem.

Lunacie
04-16-16, 09:15 PM
Hi, im currently prescribed 50mg but I prefer taking 40mg so I feel less dependent. I thought i could split the capsule and weight out 40mg and toss it in a gelatin capsule i bought. That being said, when i took out the powder pellet from my 50mg, it weighed .130g=130mg. How should I split it so I get a 40mg equivalent?

Hi. If you were nearsighted and your optomitrist said you'd need contacts with a power of 100 doiptor, would you try to shave off some of the contact so you ended up with 75 doiptor contacts, because the stronger ones made you feel dependent?

It doesn't matter whether vyvanse dose is 40 or 50 mg, what matters is how well it helps you. Sometimes stronger doses have unwanted side effects, but oddly a dose that's too low can also cause unwanted side effects.

dvdnvwls
04-16-16, 09:37 PM
I mean the perceived effect of the medication in my system, which may not be linier with blood levels.

Today I ate a medium light meal w/ within 10 minutes of taking my Vyvanse and I feel like I haven't taken any Vyvanse today. I hate this problem.

How does having food with Vyvanse affect your completion (or non-completion) of work, and/or other measurable things?