View Full Version : Virtamin C and Ritalin (Methylphenidate)??

DJ Bill
04-06-16, 10:53 AM
I think I read somewhere that you should avoid orange juice and anything with citric acid as it somehow inhibits the action of the Ritalin.(IR for me)

I have had frequent colds all winter and need to do something to boost my immune system- and C is the way I usually do it...but now I am on Ritalin.

Any ideas? Can I take it at night so it has less effect? or can't I take C tablets or drink OJ at all?

Thanks for listening!

EDIT: After looking at how I spelled Vitamin on the title........I remembered I didn't take the Ritalin yet today...rrrrgh!

TheGreatKing
04-06-16, 11:55 AM
There is some evidence that various micronutrient deficiencies — for example, deficiencies of zinc, selenium, iron, copper, folic acid, and vitamins A, B6, C, and E — alter immune responses in animals, as measured in the test tube. However, the impact of these immune system changes on the health of animals is less clear, and the effect of similar deficiencies on the human immune response has yet to be assessed. But the research at this stage is promising, at least for some of the micronutrients.

So what can you do? If you suspect your diet is not providing you with all your micronutrient needs — maybe you don’t like vegetables or you choose white bread over whole grains — taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement brings health benefits of many types, beyond any possibly beneficial effects on the immune system. Taking megadoses of a single vitamin does not. More is not necessarily better. Researchers are investigating the immune boosting potential of a number of different nutrients.
I found this that might interest you.

sarahsweets
04-08-16, 05:00 AM
As far as I know the whole idea of avoiding vitamin c applies to amphetamines and imo is also overplayed. Ritalin is methylphenidate. I have had no issues on the occasion that I have had vitamin c ( I take dex). The only thing I do is take my vitamin c at night.