View Full Version : Sorry. Honestly.

Gilthranon
04-10-16, 07:21 AM
Ultimately, this forum is definitively support journal to me. Yeah, journal, I know, I don't participate ever like this is a place where people react to each other.
It's like a bar. I don't lack the motivation to a buy a drink to my next-to-me-in-need but I come in for my own, a vase that needs some spillage. I'm walking as always very rhythmic for the objective but that's how I treat it. This is a place where I pour my heart out when needed. Sorry I'll never treat it like a place where others might have different expectations from me. It's just not like that for me, never has. I tried but this is perfect for impulsive let-it-out. I care sincerely about some here don't get me wrong.

Although I have to keep in mind to hold back. Still public :eyebrow:

Anyways, sorry for not being more supportive to others. I am deeply grateful and appreciative for any moment (like yesterday) It's not that I don't care, I do find it unpolite and unequaled from me, but this is my addictive journal that magically responds like in Harry Potter. :D (kiddiiiiing) Hell I'm Ginny -this the gateway to a big brother genius criminal mastermind with giant snakes-

Fuzzy12
04-10-16, 07:31 AM
No worries. I enjoy your threads. They are thought provoking and interesting and deal with issues that concern me (and that I worry about) too. We can all learn amd benefit from each other's issues and problems. We all vary in how much support we can give and when. I know I definitely get more out of this place than I put in. It's ok. No one's keeping score (I guess). I'm always happy when people post interesting threads..that too adds to a support forum, doesn't it?

:grouphug:

Gilthranon
04-10-16, 07:34 AM
A human is a woman or amen (to that)

midnightstar
04-10-16, 08:39 AM
It's fine to just be here for support Ocyan :) A support forum is here for people to get support and give support if they feel they can, that's my understanding of support forum :)

Unmanagable
04-10-16, 09:14 AM
Support comes dressed however we most need it in the moment.

Recognizing that need and following through with it is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

By doing so, we offer an opportunity for someone else to relate, to resonate, to perhaps finally feel a connection to another heart, or we may indirectly answer specific questions someone came here to ask.

Sharing self, be it sorrowful or joyful, always has the potential to help another.

Without helping self first, our love cups become empty and we can serve no one, not even ourselves.

You're doing just fine, from where I stand, and I appreciate your presence and participation based on what helps you the most.

stef
04-10-16, 09:47 AM
always happy to see you posting here!

Lunacie
04-10-16, 09:58 AM
I'm horrible at posting threads, but I'm great at reading them and sometimes responding with my own viewpoint or shared experience.

As they say, it takes all kinds. ;)

ginniebean
04-10-16, 12:57 PM
Ocyan, it's so wierd you wrote this now. I was thinking of you last night and what I was thinking is what a blessing you are. You offer these real time vignette's that often are quite wise. As you learn things about yourself you share them

I love this about you and think it's very supportive. Don't be sorry to me, I enjoy your posts and even if I don't respond to each of them, I always smile as I read them. Fondly!

willow129
04-10-16, 02:12 PM
Wow I have really felt like this too...like...just putting stuff out there cuz I need a place to put it. sometimes I'm more into replying to others' stuff and sometimes I'm not.
Yeah, it's ok though! I hope?!

So true, the Harry Potter journal thing!! Hahaha I just need to feel like someone's there reading it, even if they won't necessarily reply, wanna feel like someone's there listening.

:)

Roundmouth
04-10-16, 05:09 PM
What does 'being supportive' mean? I go in here and read people's stories and I recognize myself. Then I read answers to the post and recognize even more. Being supportive isn't necessary handing answers to problems of other, but also starting discussions, raising interesting and relevant subjects.

I could talk for hours with a psychologist giving me brilliant answers - knowing that he probably doesn't understand a single bit of the things I'm trying to express. I know... I work within psychiatry, I know how ignorant we can be. Any way, on forums like this one I can read stories of people with similar experience. I value that more. Sometimes that's the only 'answer' I seek. Just realizing that my experience is true.

Roundmouth
04-10-16, 05:20 PM
And then you might decide to engage in an engaging discussion, and only some ten minutes later, a handful of people has thanked you for a useful post, and then things start feeling even better.

psychopathetic
04-11-16, 04:00 AM
No need to be sorry in my opinion man. That you're able to come here and vent/talk/get your ideas out...is great. I wish more people could do that.

I get where you're coming from though. I often feel like I'm too self absorbed here on these forums and like I'm asking for all this support...but not giving as much back in return.

But it's okay...I think.

Stick around...keep journaling. We like ya just the way you are :) no reason to feel sorry for anything.

dvdnvwls
04-11-16, 01:22 PM
Sometimes, just seeing that you've had a certain experience can be another person's support when they're going through the same thing.

Roundmouth
04-11-16, 01:52 PM
This is by the way an interesting internet phenomenon... People starting threads with one short statement, then a long discussion developes without the threadstarter participating any further. Usually they're full-blood forum trolls, but we have no reason to suspect that in this specific case.

psychopathetic
04-11-16, 02:07 PM
People starting threads with one short statement, then a long discussion developes without the threadstarter participating any further.

I'm guilty of doing this...especially when the post I make is a vent/whine.
Except my statements are usually very long winded :p.

/is a ADDF troll! :D

sarahsweets
04-11-16, 02:17 PM
Kindness, empathy, positive vibes...
Thats what you seem to give off and I say thats supportive.

Gilthranon
04-13-16, 03:35 AM
Owwww you guy are too much ! Haha bunch of crazy weirdos ;)

Fuzzy12
04-13-16, 02:01 PM
:d :d :d

midnightstar
04-13-16, 03:48 PM
:grouphug: Ocyan