View Full Version : Vyvanse with L-Tyrosine thoughts? Please help!

Heyilikecats
04-11-16, 07:26 PM
I've read a bit about L-Tyrosine having many benefits on vyvanse users. I currently take 50mg of vyvanse daily (started with 30mg then increased dose a couple weeks later) but feel that after around 4 or 5 hours after the medicine kicks in, it starts to wear off and I begin to feel sort of foggy headed and can't focus much anymore. I work long hours as a vet assistant so 4 hours of focus just doesn't cut it. I went out and bought L-Tyrosine 500mg after reading that it has benefits on vyvanse users as well as any other person. My question is, when should I take the L-Tyrosine? Before bed? Before taking my vyvanse? I know people have debated on whether it actually helps boost vyvanse but I'd like to test it out myself. My apologies if this has been posted before, I just really would like to know when to take L-Tyrosine!!

QuasarMind
04-12-16, 12:01 AM
I took l-tyrosine before I started taking Adderall, it did nothing but make my pupils look like I was on drugs. I wouldn't recommend it but if you aren't going to be doing anything important when you test it go ahead and let us know how it works.

DeeBerry
04-12-16, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear your Vyvanse isn't lasting that long either, but as for the Tyrosine I've been taking it for quite some time and it has certainly helped. As for the guy above me who says he wouldn't recommend it, it's all a matter of personal preference. I started taking my about an hour or 2 hours after I took my Vyvanse and I noticed it lasted a bit longer, but over time if you keep taking the tyrosine daily you'll just develop a tolerance and will just have to keep raising the dosage so most people say it's best to take it when you are on a vacation from your Vyvanse. I personally am going to start taking mine right before I go to bed and see what happens, but if all else fails I'm just going to start taking breaks and using the tyrosine on those days and nothing else. Best of luck to you though and try not to worry to much!

QuasarMind
04-14-16, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear your Vyvanse isn't lasting that long either, but as for the Tyrosine I've been taking it for quite some time and it has certainly helped. As for the guy above me who says he wouldn't recommend it, it's all a matter of personal preference. I started taking my about an hour or 2 hours after I took my Vyvanse and I noticed it lasted a bit longer, but over time if you keep taking the tyrosine daily you'll just develop a tolerance and will just have to keep raising the dosage so most people say it's best to take it when you are on a vacation from your Vyvanse. I personally am going to start taking mine right before I go to bed and see what happens, but if all else fails I'm just going to start taking breaks and using the tyrosine on those days and nothing else. Best of luck to you though and try not to worry to much!

Well don't get pulled over @ night with it... you might find your self in the back of a cop car for DUI "other than alcohol"