View Full Version : Vyvanse Dose

Alex 18
04-12-16, 08:26 PM
I put this in the wrong forum, this is my first post so I was confused. I'll give a little background. I'm a 17 year old female and I got diagnosed with ADHD PI a few months back in the fall. My doctor who prescribes my meds is a neurologist so his diagnosis was basically asking me questions for probably 20 minutes tops. I'm trying to get an appointment with someone who can give me a better diagnosis because I think I may be the combined type, but insurance is getting in the way.
I've tried a few meds so far. Concerta xr 36 mg (1 month), adderall xr 10 mg (3 months), focalin xr 10 mg (3 days), vyvanse 30 mg (1 month). I've been on 40 mg vyvanse for a little over a month now.
On 30 mg vyvanse, I was anxious, my mind was racing, I felt like I couldn't sit still in an almost paranoid way, and my concentration barely improved.
On 40 mg it's been mixed results. I'm getting about 6-7 hours of coverage which isn't enough at all. If I take it around 8 am I peak at 11 and it starts to wear off around 12:30 and it's all downhill from there. I get extremely tired and my head kills. I do the high protein diet and drink plenty of water too. I can't really modify my schedule because I have sports and work and homework so I need more coverage. I get even more overemotional when it starts wearing off.
I'm just not sure if my dose is too high or low or what. I've thought about a booster too, but I need to sort out this before I can even ask about one.
Feel free to tell me what to add, I can talk about the other meds or give a better description of vyvanse or whatever
I know this is long and scattered but I really can't think it through great right now
Thanks!

sarahsweets
04-13-16, 04:47 AM
IME, vyvanse has never lasted as long as its purported to. This could be why people sometimes take a booster dose of something later om during the day. I had headaches on vyvanse and I always thought that was impossible because I was taking a moderate dose and irts meant to remain level throughout the day with little to no peaks and valleys.
I dont know why the headaches were so bad. It has never happened with other stimulants.

QuasarMind
04-14-16, 04:35 PM
People hate me for saying this, but when I took 30mg Adderall I took 1mg Xanax XR to curb the effects you describe without reducing its effectiveness at treating ADD. XR is more expensive so you might want to consider IR instead if that is an issue. I found Walgreens to be by far the cheapest (by a factor of 70%) as they use the Purpac generic vs Greenstone.

QuasarMind
04-16-16, 08:17 PM
I took 1mg XR at a weight of 240lbs, please seek the proper dose for your weight from a doctor.

dvdnvwls
04-16-16, 08:42 PM
If you were anxious and paranoid-ish with 30 mg of Vyvanse, then I can see three possibilities:

1. You had caffeine also - please try again without caffeine

2. The 30 mg dose was much too large for you - try a lower dose

3. Vyvanse might just be the wrong choice in your situation

sarahsweets
04-17-16, 12:09 PM
I took 1mg XR at a weight of 240lbs, please seek the proper dose for your weight from a doctor.

stimulant doses are not based on weight.