View Full Version : Failing student with new diagnosis, need a good MD in Dallas, hopefully quickly!

astronomalous
04-13-16, 11:16 PM
Hi all, here's the situation.

I have an ADHD diagnosis from my psychologist (I study neuroscience and went in like "I think my attention issues might be full on ADHD") we talked about it, she conducted a structured interview, and said yes, I have ADHD.

The problem is, I'm a senior in college and I'm failing and potentially not going to graduate because I'm so scatterbrained and can't focus or plan or get work done. My therapist, my partner (who is ADHD) and I all agreed medication is the best option for me.

The thing is, my GP isn't comfortable playing med fiddler, and any decent psychiatrist in Dallas/Plano (or really anywhere) has a months-long wait, and that's maybe just to outsource me to someone else for battery testing, and at that point it's no use to help me with school.

Does anyone have any suggestions, for either doctors or solutions? I live in Plano but am willing so drive a good 30 minutes or so for a good MD!

namazu
04-13-16, 11:37 PM
I don't know docs in Dallas/Plano, but I would suggest that you get in touch with whoever handles disability accommodations at your college ASAP.

They may be able to provide referrals, or at least help you navigate your coursework situation while you get treatment worked out.

Good luck!

TheGreatKing
04-14-16, 01:21 AM
I don't know docs in Dallas/Plano, but I would suggest that you get in touch with whoever handles disability accommodations at your college ASAP.

They may be able to provide referrals, or at least help you navigate your coursework situation while you get treatment worked out.

Good luck!

That my friend is a good idea!
:goodpost: