View Full Version : 18 mg might not be enough.

TheGreatKing
04-19-16, 07:56 PM
Hi there everyone!
I have been busy,
I started taken 18mg concerta and decided to try and get my life in order.
What i mean by that is i decided to follow my child hood dream and join some courses to start myself off.
It's been a about a week since i started taking it but i noticed that it might not be enough and so i think i will have to upgrade to 36 mg at the end of the 30 days.
I am guessing my body adjusted to the 18 mg dose, which sucks but it still slightly effective, i just started realizing that some of my adhd symptoms are coming out still. At the beginning i was calm and focused and even elevated my aggression due to agitation. but its slowly coming out now. less focused as well.
18 mg is slightly still suppressing my adhd , i guess i still have 22 days to go so we will see what happens in the end.
I am thinking of getting behavior counselling as well.
Concerta is changing my life tho :)

Roundmouth
04-20-16, 02:33 AM
18 is comparable to four cups of coffee. No reason staying on that dose for a month, give them a call. I don't believe many people are helped by 36 either.

TheFitFatty
04-20-16, 07:01 AM
36 was too little for me. I'm on 54.

TheGreatKing
04-20-16, 11:53 AM
18 is comparable to four cups of coffee. No reason staying on that dose for a month, give them a call. I don't believe many people are helped by 36 either.
Wow didn't know that.
Thank you
no wonder it died down after a few days lol

TheGreatKing
04-20-16, 12:00 PM

oh really?

ginniebean
04-20-16, 12:16 PM
54 mgs is a fairly standard dose. I'm surprised that your dic didn't build titration into your first month. Calling may help, or wait it out and slowly titrate up.

TheGreatKing
04-20-16, 01:23 PM
54 mgs is a fairly standard dose. I'm surprised that your dic didn't build titration into your first month. Calling may help, or wait it out and slowly titrate up.

It seems like the doc wants to slowly titrate up, cause she said i want to see you in 30 days and don't worry we can give you a higher dose.

Roundmouth
04-20-16, 02:21 PM

54 was to little for me. It wore off at noon so I got another 18 for the afternoon. And 18 only makes me tired so I got it raised to 36. Wold probably also need the morning dose raised to 72 which would make 108. I doubt they'll agree to that though.

TheFitFatty
04-21-16, 12:54 AM
54 was to little for me. It wore off at noon so I got another 18 for the afternoon. And 18 only makes me tired so I got it raised to 36. Wold probably also need the morning dose raised to 72 which would make 108. I doubt they'll agree to that though.

My psych started me on 18 for the first 4 days, then I moved up to 36. It was too little, so now I take 54 spread over the first few hours of the morning to make them "release" at a better pace. It seems fine, I'm certainly my clearest in the afternoon. He did say for my body weight I can go up one more pill, but at the moment I don't think I need it.