View Full Version : RIP Prince

Greyhound1
04-21-16, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the entertainment you provided to millions. Best wishes on your new journey!

Little Missy
04-21-16, 06:29 PM
And here I am, watching photos of when Prince came to Wyoming in July 1986 flashing over the huge rolodex of photos here at LOL's. With the theatre all decked out for him.

stef
04-21-16, 06:50 PM
Sad day for minnesota:(
Tons of tributes on fb
The sports teams changed their profile pics
They are lightingup a mpls bridge in purple
I was just like 2 blocks from First Avenue when i found out

Fuzzy12
04-21-16, 06:51 PM
I had no idea he had died. Thanks for the news. :eek:

Roundmouth
04-21-16, 07:26 PM
The big question: Is he one of the 144 000?

Greyhound1
04-21-16, 08:15 PM
The big question: Is he one of the 144 000?

I am sorry but you lost me.:scratch:

aeon
04-21-16, 08:35 PM
I went to Paisley Park once as part of my delivery runs.

I had the opportunity to meet Prince but I declined because I was in a hurry and really didn’t have the time to spare.

Now he doesn’t, and so I won’t have a chance again.

Saw him live at a small club in Chicago 25 years ago. I will never forget that.

Musically, I think Prince was a genius, full-stop.

I can tell I am sad, but I haven’t had my cry yet. Still at work, can’t do that here.

The Majesty of Purple Lives Forever,
Ian

PolaBear
04-21-16, 09:19 PM
Felt numb all night since hearing the news, saw him live a few years ago, queued for 4 hours, show was 3 1/2 hours long! An awesome talent.

Roundmouth
04-22-16, 02:29 AM
I am sorry but you lost me.:scratch:

The twelve tribes of Israel multiplied twelve. Then again multiplied with 1000. Crystal clear!

Prince was a Jehova's Witness.

aeon
04-22-16, 03:38 AM
“When Doves Cry” ... the song with no bassline. All these years later, still...stunning.

So many songs with so much exuberance. And I love that.

“Kiss” ... as pop records go, it’s ... I don’t know what to say, because I can’t fully understand how genius it is.

I mean, he wrote the songs, played the instruments, did the recording engineering.

“Let’s Go Crazy” is immediate tears, and has been from the first time.

And one thing I so love about Prince is how his expression of sexuality in his songs is both sweet and hot,
and sometimes in the same song. I could always understand that. It made sense to me. The playfulness.

“When You Were Mine” - I love it. I don’t know what else to say. It’s so intimate in its way.

It’s 2:30am and I should be sleeping, but I’m up, playing Prince records, and no ****s given for the volume. And I am crying and crying.

I always have such a hard time when musicians die. The heartbreak of it.

It just hurts. I am a mess. And that’s OK...except the hurting part.

Crushed,
Ian

Little Missy
04-22-16, 07:44 AM
And here I am, watching photos of when Prince came to Wyoming in July 1986 flashing over the huge rolodex of photos here at LOL's. With the theatre all decked out for him.

Its crazy to look at. Some girl won a date with Prince here back then and there is a giant black Lincoln limo parked out front and there are people all over the roof and hanging off of the marquee. They must have taken the photos themselves but what is so crazy is that these shots were put on the thing with all of the family photos. LOL said she doesn't know. :scratch:

PolaBear
04-22-16, 08:37 AM
Still a weird feeling this morning, crazy how now there's that much information that it can blow your mind hearing bits from everywhere, can just sit on Twitter taking in again without really processing. Getting perspective.

PolaBear
04-22-16, 07:14 PM
Crazy how certain things can send you in certain ways.

ginniebean
04-22-16, 11:34 PM
Rest in Peace.