View Full Version : Hello

SarahLeanne
04-22-16, 09:22 AM
Hello, I have suffered with this all my life, I always wondered why I was different in school and thought I was just stupid because I couldn't pick up information like the other kids. I am 37 years of age now and am still suffering, I can't seem to hold a job because information I am told is very hard to absorb, I can't seem to hold on to info like others can and I often get in trouble by my managers, it's really debilitating to me and it really is a disability that is invisible.

willow129
04-22-16, 10:47 AM
::huuugs:: are you on any medication right now? Sorry things are hard for you. You can find a lot of support and empathy here.

Chicky75
04-23-16, 12:19 AM
I can relate - I was in my 30s when I got my diagnosis, too. Since then, thing have actually gotten better, and not just because of medication. Reading lots on here and books about ADHD (I seem to be able to concentrate on non-fiction books when it's kind of about me!) helped me to develop tools that can compensate for some of my ADHD traits. I hope you'll find lots of information to help you, too! Of course, some ideas will work for you and some won't, some experiences & info will be more applicable, but there are always lots of choices and people willing to help.

sarahsweets
04-23-16, 08:17 AM
Hello, I have suffered with this all my life, I always wondered why I was different in school and thought I was just stupid because I couldn't pick up information like the other kids. I am 37 years of age now and am still suffering, I can't seem to hold a job because information I am told is very hard to absorb, I can't seem to hold on to info like others can and I often get in trouble by my managers, it's really debilitating to me and it really is a disability that is invisible.

How old were you when you were diagnosed? and Yes it is an invisible disability for most. And Im sorry your job is so hard. What do you do for a living?