View Full Version : Bman and pop ups

jazzper
05-13-05, 06:18 AM
Somehow, on our daughter's computer, the program Bman got installed. We don't know what it is, how it got there, or how to get rid of it. Every time I try to uninstall it I get 50 or so pop ups. The reason I found it is because she was having problems with pop up, so I was deleting cookies and extraneous files. I had successfully closed out all the pop ups, which in and of itself was a miracle, when I happened on bman, and tried to delete that. The computer just seemed to go haywire with pop ups. This has happened 3 times, so I'm sure it's bman.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Jazz

HighFunctioning
05-13-05, 10:11 PM
How are you trying to uninstall the program? Doing a quick search on google, I would imagine that you are referring to a program called bman1.exe. You could try installing a spyware remover. However, if I were to play with it, the first thing I would do is:

* Reboot the computer in safe mode. I believe you hit F8 before the windows splash screen is displayed.

* When logged in, run the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> type "regedit.exe") and navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run" and delete the entry that refers to bman1.exe (on NT/2000/XP systems, this will probably be in the form of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\msw\bman1.exe.
* Restart the computer and hope for the best!

(Oh, and delete the bman1.exe file, too).

jazzper
05-14-05, 10:54 PM
Thanks HighFunctioning,

I will give that a try. I meant to get up there and try it with the internet turned off but forgot.

Jazz