View Full Version : Struggling w/ inflammation

traze23
04-25-16, 08:33 PM
So I'm really having issues with joint pain now. At first it was my wrists and now it is my jaw and cheekbone. This is 10 times worse b/c I work in a call center and talk all day long. Just when you think things can't get any worse, it always somehow does.

I took some anti-inflammation drugs like aleve today but it doesn't seem like it's doing anything. I called a Walgreen's pharmacist also and she said that would be what she would recommend.

Does anyone take any anti-inflammation or vitamins to help w/ pain?

Little Missy
04-25-16, 09:26 PM
Aspirin. The BEST. :)

Socaljaxs
04-26-16, 12:20 AM
I do, mostly perscription strength ibuprofen. Helps a little, granted I don't have a ton of inflammation, but it seems to simmer my pain down enough for me to continue using it

Unmanagable
04-26-16, 07:34 AM
This is considered drastic and not doable by most, but switching to a strict plant-based diet within this past year has helped my inflammation issues greatly, more than I ever thought was possible, to be honest.

I had been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis and severe fibromyalgia (among many other things) and suffered greatly each day. I was told to just do my best at fighting pain because it would never get better and was to be expected to worsen with age. (translated in my brain to mean: "Congrats! you're now a repeat customer of ours and we'll be treating you for life!")

A year ago, I suffered a gall bladder attack that prompted the diet change. Within that year's time of the script flip regarding what I ingest, I've also shed 110 lbs., no longer take pain meds, anxiety meds, or sleeping meds. Had to give up the adhd meds, too, way before the gall bladder scare, because of ongoing unpleasant side effects.

Inflammation, as well as many other symptoms, have been greatly reduced, or totally reversed, and are now much more manageable within my days based on what I choose to ingest and use on my body.

Mindful eating, mindful breathing, and purposeful daily movement have helped identify and sort the roots of many of my issues and have made life much less painful in my world. Wishing you luck in finding your unique flavors of relief.