View Full Version : Does anyone take L-theanine

Charmcityguy22
04-25-16, 09:02 PM
So I've been taking L-theanine for almost 6 months now for my anxiety it worked in the past for the most part,I was taking it every day in tab and capsule form 100 and 200mgs,the 200mgs dose I would take at night as they made me very sleepy and such.now I take Theanine as needed and not everyday,question for everyone,Wednesday I'm having my wisdom extracted and was given a dose of Valium to help with the visit as I don't like needles which I'll be given to numb my mouth,has anyone ever tried L-theanine in a dose higher the 200mgs at once,I was told to try 300mgs at once to see if it makes me more relaxed and sleepier before my wisdom teeth extraction?thanks and have a great night.

Charmcityguy22
04-26-16, 10:50 AM
I cant handle valium as my stomach does not agree with it, So i want to try the L-theanine at a higher dose then normal

cwf1986
05-04-16, 08:17 AM
I actually take it. It does help some. Not only does it help relax me, but it clears my head and doesn't cause me any sedation. I even feel sharper after taking it. I take 200-300 1-2x a day.

sarahsweets
05-04-16, 10:53 AM
A Natural Standard monograph that reviews current research on theanine reports that it is likely safe in doses of 200–250 mg up to a maximum daily dose of 1,200 mg.

Dosing info I found.

Theanine is used to help with anxiety, blood pressure control, mood, and cognition. Natural Standard rates the evidence to support the usage for anxiety, blood pressure control, and mood as “unclear or conflicting scientific evidence” and the evidence for cognition as “fair negative scientific evidence.”

Many of the studies of theanine were done in combination with caffeine as found in tea. While the studies found that the combination had some effect on mood, the studies found that theanine alone had little effect. More sufficiently designed studies in humans are warranted to further our understanding of the effects of theanine.

Just Something to think about.

Charmcityguy22
05-11-16, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the reply's.