View Full Version : Finally have an appointment

ADHDWife&Mom
04-27-16, 09:08 PM
Ive been dealing with this for so long it seems. Ive finally gotten an appointment for next week for my son's ADHD evaluation. Its not totally set because we have to go to the first appointment (the interview portion) and then get prior authorization before he can do the testing part because my insurance requires it. Its ok though because almost everyone I called (who were in network with my insurance company) told me that insurance never covers the tests no matter what insurance you have. One Dr finally said they might and gave me the billing code so I could check and they said it should be covered but the dr will need prior authorization.
I hate that they make you jump through these hoops just to get an evaluation. It has taken about calls to 8 different doctors (some repeated calls) and about 6 calls to my insurance company. And after most wouldnt even try to file, this last Dr said that most of the time they do pay. Ugh. I guess that is why so many Drs wont even deal with insurance companies anymore, they waste so much time just trying to find out what they will pay for. Please wish me luck that they will cover this evaluation.

aeon
04-27-16, 11:20 PM
Insurance should never cover testing because there are no tests for ADHD which have any clinical validity whatsoever.

They are a scam to begin with, and doubly so if someone wants you to pay for it.

Insurance companies know better, for the most part, which is why they won’t pay for such nonsense.

Sorry, but I hope your insurance company does not pay for the testing, because if they do, it just furthers the BS.

And I hope you don’t pay for it either, because it doesn’t offer you any value, and is a waste of your money.

Cheers,
Ian

sarahsweets
04-28-16, 04:03 AM
I agree with aeon. I would be very surprised if an insurance company covered testing that is not approved for an adhd diagnosis. Who told you your insurance company required this?

ADHDWife&Mom
04-28-16, 11:38 AM
Im not talking about ADHD testing exactly. Im talking about the psychological testing they do along with the evaluation. IQ testing, executive function testing, etc. Im not talking about an actual "ADHD Test". Sorry I wasnt clear.