View Full Version : Rebelling when too much happiness

Gilthranon
05-01-16, 10:41 AM
That feeling of being repulsed by too much, first in catholic church when I was a kid and had to sing about christ and even do plays.
At sixteen when people were singing the bible during camp.
In both cases I had to leave on major anger rushes and either smash something or listen to intense metal.
Whenever I see people being too happy, or when around people from my childhood. Or maybe just a repulsed feeling by too much, if it loses it's natural feeling to it... kids cartoons have the same effect on me

sarahsweets
05-01-16, 11:21 AM
That feeling of being repulsed by too much, first in catholic church when I was a kid and had to sing about christ and even do plays.
At sixteen when people were singing the bible during camp.
In both cases I had to leave on major anger rushes and either smash something or listen to intense metal.
Could this be because it involved religion?

Whenever I see people being too happy, or when around people from my childhood. Or maybe just a repulsed feeling by too much, if it loses it's natural feeling to it... kids cartoons have the same effect on me

Can you explain this more? And can you explain what you mean when you say rebel?

Little Nut
05-01-16, 12:57 PM
OH OH
>.>
<.<
*Guy with the upbeat "temperament" sneeks out of the room.*

stef
05-01-16, 03:01 PM
Only if I.m in a very dark mood
or the event is organized by some political or religious group thats completely against my principles

psychopathetic
05-01-16, 05:01 PM
OH OH
>.>
<.<
*Guy with the upbeat "temperament" sneeks out of the room.*

WAIT!
WAIT FOR ME!!
:giggle:

I voted no.

Fuzzy12
05-01-16, 09:37 PM
People who are too chirpy and exuberant can annoy me especially when Im in a bad mood. Especially when they talk too much.

I struggle respecting most things related to faith or religion (not in the sense that I act disrespectfully or say anything offensive but I struggle to feel respect. ) and at times it annoys me. But that's just my own bias, maybe my own prejudice, and it has got nothing to do with happiness. I'm not sure if you are talking about the same thing. Probably not.

Hmm what do you mean by rebel and what do you mean by too much happiness?

Gilthranon
05-01-16, 10:59 PM
well fair enough it might be religion. it just might absolutely be, that an spirituality. everyone hyper expressing it annoys me, considering I look down on it, sorry about that

no not happiness, it's just like everyone when you see childlike hyper innocent stuff most adults sigh and walk away - same reaction 'get real' I just have a lil more angry reaction

sarahsweets
05-02-16, 04:26 AM
The only time Ive been irritated by someone else's happiness is when Ive felt bitter or resentful towards why they were happy but because Ive been in an unhappy place.
Like when my brother in law got married, i felt a twinge because when I got married it seemed like the in laws were less happy for us. Its all about perception though.

BellaVita
05-02-16, 05:51 AM
I love pleasant smiley happy people - but the emotions must be genuine. I adore these types of people.

If it's fake then it kinda makes me feel sick. That fake-happy tone is seriously grating.

Little Nut
05-02-16, 11:17 AM
I love pleasant smiley happy people - but the emotions must be genuine. I adore these types of people.

If it's fake then it kinda makes me feel sick. That fake-happy tone is seriously grating.

B U D D Y ! ! ! !

*big hugs*

psst psych's....a friendly

ginniebean
05-02-16, 11:53 AM
There is a false cheerfulness that can bring out the grumpy in me. However, when joy is real it's truly infectious and I am happy for the person.

I can smell false cheer and it stinks.