View Full Version : Energy drinks

casper
05-02-16, 05:43 PM
Does any drink energy drinks?

If so what kind and how many a day?

Do you think it helps your symptoms?

I started drinking energy drinks about 6 years ago, started with all natural ones and have progressed to rock stars. Personally I don't think it give me any energy, if anything it helps me focus more.

However, I am feeling the ill effects of the calories....

midnightstar
05-02-16, 06:00 PM
No because I just don't like the taste of them :o

aeon
05-02-16, 08:01 PM
I used to LOVE sugar-free NOS back when it had 260mg of caffeine per can.

Two of those and then grocery shopping...watch out, I was a madman.

These days, the closest I get to an energy drink is Pepsi Max.

Cheers,
Ian

Simargl
05-02-16, 09:50 PM
I just drink coffee and probably more than I should.

Unmanagable
05-02-16, 10:12 PM
This past year, I eliminated all caffeine (and alcohol, meat, dairy, eggs, most grains, and most processed foods) and feel better than I ever recall.

I used to drink sodas, sweet tea, and coffee around the clock for what I thought was sustained energy, but never trusted the energy drinks after seeing how badly it messed with some of my former students.

For example: becoming super jittery and edgy, complaining of severe headaches and nausea, increased anxiousness, and crashing really hard after the wave of supposed energy.

It was one of the rare instances where I was able to learn something via simple observation vs. having to dive in head first for the experience.

stef
05-03-16, 02:07 AM
I drink coffee;
I tried red bull once but i absolutely hate the taste so thats resolved.
I have a blue powerade sometimes on the weekend but does that count as an energy drink? I find them soothing.

Little Missy
05-03-16, 07:50 AM
I've never tried them. The graphics on the cans made it too difficult to even choose.

Gypsy Willow
05-03-16, 12:49 PM
I drink the Starbucks Doubleshots every afternoon. I am not on meds at the moment, so I need all the help I can get to focus.

sarahsweets
05-03-16, 04:11 PM
I love coffee but after trying a monster and feeling like I was going to have a heart attack its not worth it.
My only energy drink is a smoothie made of spinach, coconut milk and frozen berries.
And green tea.

seemingly
05-03-16, 07:12 PM
No, only coffee and black tea :-)
And green tea sometimes

aeon
05-03-16, 07:42 PM
How timely...

I stop by a gas station I rarely go to and they have NOS 16oz. on sale, 3 for $3, must buy 3. :p

And they have the sugar-free NOS! http://www.sympato.ch/smileys/Yaisse.gif

Only 160mg per 16oz. can these days, but thatís still a good buzz-bomb. http://www.sympato.ch/smileys/Fusion.gif

I must get good sleep tonight because mixing those with a low serotonin humminí-wires neuronal burn
from lack of sleep might prove a little too much when doing payroll tomorrow. http://www.sympato.ch/smileys/Jumpup.gif

Cheers,
Ian

Rebelyell
05-04-16, 01:20 AM
Coffee light n sweet n mountain dew but mountain dew is liquid crack for me.energy drinks blech tastes like drinking pesticide,cancer in a can I call it.

TheGreatKing
05-04-16, 01:38 AM
I used to quite a bit before a fully got diagnosed with adhd.
I don't anymore because i am taking concerta. I will have those starbucks refreshers alot lol

stef
05-04-16, 02:01 AM
Oh - i forgot to mention diet mountain dew when i.m in the states!

excel
05-14-16, 10:25 PM
They say energy drinks are bad for you. They make your blood pressure go up among other things