View Full Version : Do you have weird worries?

mindyz
05-02-16, 10:01 PM
I always worry about weird things like plane crash, alien abduction, HIV infection, brain parasites etc, which makes me very embarrassed. I wonder if you guys experience this too.

AddAnxiousMe
05-02-16, 11:55 PM
Sounds like possible OCD. I used to have a lot of health obsessions that I won't go in to, but I was diagnosed with the obsessional component of OCD (I didn't have very many compulsions) and have done much better on various serotonergic medications, like Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, etc.
Did you ever consult a doctor about this? There are good cognitive and medication therapies for this disorder.

Summerready
06-10-16, 06:43 AM
I worry im going to die or my children or mom..Then i worry about if i worry to much it will happen..daily

Fuzzy12
06-10-16, 09:15 AM
Yes, though it depends a lot on my mood. In fact my mood is probably the biggest factor. It's got less to do with reason. If my mood is conducive my brian will just look for stuff it can worry about even if it's absolutely senseless. If my mood isn't conducive to worrying I won't worry even about things that maybe I should worry about.

In general though I tend towards worrying..and a lot of it is totally unreasonable.

sarahsweets
06-10-16, 01:42 PM
I dont worry about stuff per se but I can get preoccupied with anything catastrophic or apocalyptic.

TurtleBrain
06-10-16, 08:01 PM
I have phobias, like the the fear of bugs. I tend to worry they're going to crawl up my pants and bite me where the sun don't shine.

Little Missy
06-10-16, 08:49 PM
Every minute of every day and no, they are not weird. They are naggingly real.

Tetrahedra
06-10-16, 09:02 PM
Yes. I don't think I'm bad enough to be classed as OCD because it doesn't comprise enough of my day, but I definitely have some crazy thoughts going through my head. Sometimes they're things that are constant, and other times they're situational and go away once that situation is over. For example, once I was worried that I would be walking along a balcony and drop my cat off the side. That one stayed with me for quite some time, but as long as I distract myself, it doesn't really bother me anymore.

peripatetic
06-10-16, 11:44 PM
my worries are horrible and incredibly distressing. i don't know if they're weird. they're not the same as yours, specifically, but they fall into a category of ocd like yours do.

how are you doing now?

Greyhound1
06-11-16, 12:25 AM
I constantly have unwanted horid thoughts. They are the fuel which activates my OCD compulsiveness.

An example. If I don't check the door locks multiple times tonight, I will imagine all kinds of terrible things and get no sleep. Easier to give in to the compulsion.

Laserbeak
06-16-16, 10:32 AM
My mother worries about literally every bad thing that could possibly happen, no matter how extremely remotely likely. It's very annoying. She's like Debbie Downer.

Nelson1967
02-23-17, 08:17 PM
Yea no OCD I'm a military mom I worried all my life any how

allesandro1
11-18-17, 04:19 PM
I always worry about weird things like plane crash, alien abduction, HIV infection, brain parasites etc, which makes me very embarrassed. I wonder if you guys experience this too.

ADD has an OCD component; that is, people with ADD exhibit OCD traits, not a full blown OCD diagnosis,just traits.

wonderboy
11-18-17, 05:26 PM
I have extensive social anxiety

peripatetic
11-18-17, 06:51 PM
ADD has an OCD component; that is, people with ADD exhibit OCD traits, not a full blown OCD diagnosis,just traits.

where did you find this information? not all persons with ADHD have OCD or even traits...and there's nothing in the criteria for ADHD that indicates OCD traits must be present.

that said, people can definitely have both ADHD and OCD. i have both.

Fraser_0762
11-18-17, 06:57 PM
I'm worried about living out the rest of my life this way. Completely alone and isolated. Nobody wanting anything to do with me.