View Full Version : Accidentally took a double dose of Ritalin LA?

ChillyQuestions
05-03-16, 05:41 AM
I am a nineteen year old girl, 5'6 and 103 pounds.
I am prescribed Ritalin LA 20 mg per day for my courses before uni, and today I think I've accidentally taken two pills. I didn't realize it until after I took the second (?) one - I think I zoned out when I took the first pill when I woke up, and then another about 30 mins-1 hour later - Still not sure if I actually took two.

Seeing how it's only been one hour since I don't really feel any bad side effects, I'm just a bit worried that it'll get worse. A bit worried is an understatement, I'm terrified! :(

One thing for sure, I'll be putting in extra effort to never make this mistake again. Will I be okay?

karbouris
05-03-16, 09:55 AM
You'll be fine. Might feel a little speedy but they actually prescribe 40mgs of ritalin to some people.

illrayzor
06-04-16, 02:11 AM
Hi, twenty year old male here...

A few times I've accidently double dosed once as a child on a much lower dosage than now considering I was smaller as well as younger and once as an adult.

As a child my parents panicked and at first before calling telehealth my mom told me to try and force myself to puke before calling telehealth (I don't know if that's available in the US) and they said it wasn't a big deal, I went to the urgent care hospital as you could wiz in and out in about an hour which is great because the other two hospitals in town have 6+ hour weights as do almost any hospitals in Ontario (Canada not California) unless they are in smaller areas...

Anyways they said it's not a huge deal it happens a lot, they gave me liquid charcoal which tastes gross and told me my heart beat was a bit high but in the future if it happens not to worry about it unless after a while after the double dose I start having a really bad reaction, the worst thing that happened is I drank the gross charcoal and was a little sleepy...

Only go to the hospital if you have really bad symptoms such as severe lack of appetite, puking, very bad migranes, heart attack symptons (which you'd know because you'd have really bad rib, stomach, and/or chest pains, trouble breathing, etc you could research it if you think you might be), very highly increased heart rate, very bad dizzy spells, or anything you feel may be related to the double dose and is serious enough to have checked out...

C15H25N3O
06-04-16, 07:05 PM
ChillyQuestions,

how was your double dose of Ritalin?

Impromptu_DTour
06-04-16, 09:32 PM
Make a list, see how much of it you can get through

;)