View Full Version : The ADHD Person Cleans its Room Thread

Hathor
05-04-16, 01:52 PM
Just started sweeping and thought to make a thread to encourage more cleaning.

In some was my small studio is a bit swank- at least by my standards, but i otherways it is probably a health hazard.

Can I turn it around? Do are you messy too?

Jump in and encourage me!

http://i11.pixs.ru/storage/8/4/7/thumbnail0_1822421_21806847.jpg (http://i11.pixs.ru/storage/8/4/6/DSC0011JPG_9581889_21806846.jpg)

namazu
05-04-16, 03:14 PM
If that's your "messy" (in photo), you're not doing so badly!

No, you're not alone, and yes, you can do it!

I'd clean "with" you (remotely), but I have a something-else-pressing I need to do before I tackle major cleaning. How 'bout you clean for a while and I do my other thing for a while, and we reconvene later to pat each other on the back?

Fortune
05-04-16, 03:18 PM
I showed my therapist a picture of my bedroom once and she asked me if I had ever considered getting assistance. As in someone who would come to my home and assist me with ADLs (activities of daily living).

I should work on my room, and I probably will at some point. Too much chaos.

namazu
05-04-16, 03:25 PM
I showed my therapist a picture of my bedroom once and she asked me if I had ever considered getting assistance. As in someone who would come to my home and assist me with ADLs (activities of daily living).
Me, too. I've done so when I was able to, and it has been a huge help when I've done it, but sometimes even dealing with the logistics of that feel too daunting.

Good luck, all!

Fuzzy12
05-04-16, 03:26 PM
OK but I'll join the cleaning festivities some other day. :o

Happy and successful cleaning to you. You'll feel amazing once it's done. (At least I normally do).

stef
05-04-16, 03:31 PM
*places everything that needs to be put away or reorganized, on the bed*
*gets annoyed sorting socks, takes a break*
11:30 pm: wtf whats all this stuff ????

Hathor
05-04-16, 03:41 PM
If that's your "messy" (in photo), you're not doing so badly!

No, you're not alone, and yes, you can do it!

I'd clean "with" you (remotely), but I have a something-else-pressing I need to do before I tackle major cleaning. How 'bout you clean for a while and I do my other thing for a while, and we reconvene later to pat each other on the back?

nah, it is my place but the pic [2 years old and I pretty much quit torrents now ; )] was picked for its welcoming vibe more than an example of me at my worst.

For example, If I pulled my fridge away from the wall and took a picture of the area it usually occupies the pic would in no way EVER be uploaded here by me/. :D

I took a break from cleaning but did well to go to the gym, Ill report back later and thanks for the replies people.

ps- thanks for the move, I would have put it in this forum originally if I had of known it exists.

C15H25N3O
10-02-16, 10:30 AM
Sometimes I think it could be useful to live in a toilet.

It would be so nice to clean-up using a flush-button.

:-)

The pic far above looks like 1h after cleaning.

ginniebean
10-02-16, 11:21 AM
Hahaha toilet. You're a funny duckie:)

Hermus
10-02-16, 11:24 AM
Sometimes I think it could be useful to live in a toilet.

It would be so nice to clean-up using a flush-button.

:-)

The pic far above looks like 1h after cleaning.

And then someone comes to poop on your head :eek:

For me the mess in my room reflects the mess in my head. Sometimes my mind is quite clear and my room looks great. Other times there are too much things on my mind and my room starts to be a mess. I wish you a lot of luck with cleaning, Hathor.

Bluechoo
10-02-16, 11:25 AM
my room will always be somewhat of a mess, but I am slowly learning to keep a minimum standard of cleanliness in it... I live in a pseudo-boarding house kind of situation, and hang out with several of my neighbors. I imagine that I can entertain any of them at any moment, and that motivates me to keep my room suitable for guests at all times. It is actually a work in progress, and I am having fun thinking up new ways to be creative and maximize my little space to make it more inviting and warm.