View Full Version : types of rewards?

mildadhd
05-05-16, 12:15 AM
Example

What is the difference between the reward associated with dopamine and the reward associated with opioids, inside our brain's.

m

Little Nut
05-05-16, 12:24 AM
what?

mildadhd
05-05-16, 12:32 AM
what?

What is the difference between the reward associated with cocaine and the reward associated with heroin, inside our brains?

m

BellaVita
05-05-16, 04:36 AM
I haven't studied this or anything.

Just a guess - maybe the difference is different neurotransmitters get released and in different amounts? (But a lot of the same neurotransmitters too) And maybe similar and different areas of the brain light up depending on which drug is being used?

Sorry that's not very scientific sounding. :)

SB_UK
05-05-16, 02:17 PM
'push me pull you'

- either we need to push a little more or to pull harder to establish balance ?

we need 2 'opposing systems' for balance to occur.

SB_UK
05-05-16, 02:57 PM
Dexedrine no longer works for me - which was the first question I asked here 12 years ago:
'Will the medications lose their efficacy ?'

Tramadol (opioid) no longer works for me either - obtained for treating pain.

A consistent idea presented here - basal balance - 2 opposing forces which struggle for balance - wildly fluctuating - a duality - the duals reduce in the frequency of their oscillation until the two settle into a fixed standing wave pattern - the system is 'unity'.
That is that evolution throws duals and then awaits balance between them - as a marker of its operation.

This idea (from the post above)

An idea from systems theory is that the pull and tug from individuals within the system keep the system in homeostasis.-*-

Exactly the same point - why ? do we need an opposing

parasympathetic and a sympathetic nervous system - why can't we just have a sympathetic nervous system which runs a spectrum from off to on.

-*-

The evolutionary pattern is

male archetype (GO) eg Glutamate nt vs female archetype (STOP) eg GABA

Female archetype calms the virulent tendency of Male archetype.

Little Nut
05-05-16, 03:17 PM
like a shock absorber function? and btw my brain says OW!! after reviewing your post

midnightstar
05-05-16, 03:31 PM
I'd assume each different chemical reacts in a different way in the brain? idk for certain so I could be talking complete crap.

SB_UK
05-06-16, 01:40 AM
like a shock absorber function? and btw my brain says OW!! after reviewing your post

I'm sure there's a song from the 80s called 'pull up to the bumper baby' ... ... :)

- didn't much like it - but that'd be a fitting summary to the idea.

-*-

Female archetype calms the virulent tendency of Male archetype.

The novel emergent male archetype (property) + female archetype (everted opposite) --> child -
- this process repeats generating a species -
- in the process distributing the potentially highly destructive force from male archetype across the species - until the species balances and the novel emergent property is stably incorporated into the species.

A method of operation of evolution - I believe that there're 24 iterations required for completion of the ring cycle.

-*-

So why

narcotic (opioid) -> <- stimulant (amphetamine)
can be answered by - what happens at balance -

- what'd happen if we hit endogenous balance between the two - an endogenous basal balance -

- we have a clue.

wikiP/speedball(drug)
- ecstacy to die for.