View Full Version : The best tactic in delivering a message

Gilthranon
05-06-16, 10:38 AM
This matter is rather interesting to me as communication is such a subtle art and somehow I end up seeing two categories ;

People who manage the no bull$#!T attitude. They're real and I like their company as it's confident and inspiring for a simple laid back conversation and there's no pushing around, there's immediate trust, but I've seen it married to not caring. Deliberating witnessing how people who portray it seem to enjoy life in absolute ways I'm not yet.

Since short time I've been managing for a first time to stop caring, but I think it's a phase. My high respect goes to both parties

The other party takes time to apply themselves and take not just feelings into consideration but (ignoring near capacity for manipulation ^^) considers a context and calculates a situation, puts themselves in the shoes of the audience and analyzes possibilities without ignoring details in order to come to efficient conclusions. They can avoid inflicting suffering in others and I find this thinking just as inspiring. My cousin is like this.

Considering how much I hate upsetting people I dedicate myself to the secondary group. The caring one. But going like a bulldozer, disappointing as it may be, is relieving and people often call me spontaneous and direct and apparently they accept it.

I'm thinking in purely rational theoretical patterns right now, philosophy.

Little Nut
05-06-16, 11:02 AM
OK, lemme play out these 2 kinds.

1- DILLIGAFF about your silly ****!

2- It was nice that you were able to break down your perceived communication styles, communicate them clearly and succinctly, but I can not see the point of sharing these observations.

Did I capture it? ;)

Gilthranon
05-06-16, 11:25 AM
That was unnecessary. You didn't even get my post. It reads as very impolite as well.

Gilthranon
05-06-16, 11:56 AM
Is that an honest question put very impolite on purpose ? If so, unnecessary. Sorry tonight is really not the night so you can pi** off if you're not wishing to contribute.

Little Nut
05-06-16, 12:16 PM
Ocyan I was communicating "nice post, but I don't see a point to it" using the 2 methods of communication you proposed. See what you how well your ideas hold up in your opinion. That's all and nothing more. -LN

Gilthranon
05-06-16, 12:22 PM
Alright mate my bad. I'm in a bit of a stressful moment sorry ! My apologies. I never do anything with a point. Only a feeling. Just like how I create music. I find rationalizing doesn't do life justice, intuitive does.

Gilthranon
05-06-16, 01:26 PM
Maybe this thread can be closed

aeon
05-06-16, 02:28 PM
I am both of those types.

I tend toward #2, and then when I am sick of my own ****, #1 can emerge.

And then there are those times when the message goes missing for some time because I am locked in battle with myself over which delivery service I should engage the services of.

And then there are those situations where what is called for is clear, and sometimes I am even able to create a custom blend of #1 and #2 right on the spot, adapted to the situation at hand.

Cheers,
Ian

Fuzzy12
05-06-16, 02:29 PM
I'm both and usually at the wrong times. I can be the queen of not caring and the queen of caring too much about stupid things. I'd love to be able to get it right but when you don't care you don't care and when I do care I go a bit crazy. :scratch:

I'm at my best when I care about the task.and not the people involved.

Sorry not sure that made any sense or is even related to your post. I've got a sugar rush. :scratch:

midnightstar
05-06-16, 04:36 PM
I tend to care too much even when I pretend to not give a crap :grouphug:

KarmanMonkey
05-12-16, 03:36 PM
I tend to care a great deal about certain things, and have a hard time communicating that I am not simply thinking about the current situation (e.g. availability of translation services for an ESL client) but I'm thinking about all the times the same situation will come up in the future. A lot of the time people are thinking only of the present needs and present situation.