View Full Version : Bucket List time

sarahsweets
05-09-16, 04:21 AM
Today I am going to a large (as in thousands) rally. Cant say what its about, as its against guidelines. I always wanted to participate in something that was greater than myself and to share a common goal. Last night my son said " Hey mom, lets just go to the xyz rally tomorrow, its a life changing, amazing experience".
My first reaction was like, "no way, have to get girls off to school, blah blah bah"- but really this one time, they can take the bus. I drive them everyday because they prefer it not because I have to. Then I was thinking, " Im too old for this" but, I am 41, am I too old? I dont really think so.
So just like that, I said yes.
I will be in Atlantic city. I will brave crowds, I will deal with strangers, I will smile. I am doing these things that I can be afraid of, because it will be good for me.
What are some of the things on your bucket list?
Who has completed somethings from their bucket list?
Has it changed your life for the better or was it a mistake?
If I get too bored Im sure I will be here on ADDF.

midnightstar
05-09-16, 04:33 AM
I haven;t really thought about what I'd have on my bucket list but I'm pleased to see you doing something you want to do sarah :grouphug:

Unmanagable
05-09-16, 09:04 AM
My phucket list is a lot longer than my bucket list nowadays, lol, but I used to sort of have a running list of things I wanted to be sure to do.

Things like go to a professional race, football game, etc. Did those, but didn't dig the crowds, the energies, the long bathroom lines, or the expensive food and beverages.

My favorite memory with those was the NFL football game with my bff. We were experimenting with better living through chemicals at that time, rode up and back on a big bus with her mom and peeps her mom worked with, and it was incredibly entertaining to us, to say the least. lol

Music festivals and specific concerts were next. Did several of those and met many of my favorite artists along the way. Would still attend, but much smaller ones, this time around. Hanging with 30,000 of my closest friends can become a bit too draining for my soul nowadays.

My favorite two memories from that was meeting, hugging, chatting with, and having my pic taken with Michael Franti, then dining right next to him later that evening, along with many of the other artists. What a surreal feeling.

And being selected from the audience and brought out onto the dance floor by the drummer of Rising Appalachia to dance to "I'll Fly Away". Just me and him boogieing down in front of all those peeps. What a rush. :)

Maintaining my health is my only priority now. Keeping my love bucket full and operational in that regard is equally as adventurous, just not as tourist friendly. lol

Things like growing my own food and foraging, doing more community workshops, eventually doing open mic night with some of my rhymes, and hosting plant-based potlucks are what I long to do and experience more of.

Spontaneous, magical, and unplanned bucket moments suit me, too, depending on the day. lol

Little Missy
05-09-16, 09:14 AM
I want to sing back up with a funk, soul, blues or black gospel band.

Simargl
05-09-16, 09:23 AM
I moved out of the Midwest and into a totally new environment.

sarahsweets
05-09-16, 09:41 AM
Today I am going to a large (as in thousands) rally. Cant say what its about, as its against guidelines. I always wanted to participate in something that was greater than myself and to share a common goal. Last night my son said " Hey mom, lets just go to the xyz rally tomorrow, its a life changing, amazing experience".
My first reaction was like, "no way, have to get girls off to school, blah blah bah"- but really this one time, they can take the bus. I drive them everyday because they prefer it not because I have to. Then I was thinking, " Im too old for this" but, I am 41, am I too old? I dont really think so.
So just like that, I said yes.
I will be in Atlantic city. I will brave crowds, I will deal with strangers, I will smile. I am doing these things that I can be afraid of, because it will be good for me.
What are some of the things on your bucket list?
Who has completed somethings from their bucket list?
Has it changed your life for the better or was it a mistake?
If I get too bored Im sure I will be here on ADDF.

Welp... so much for that trip. Got 30 minutes into the ride at 60mph and my car shuts off, loses break power. I hung a right onto a side road and parked in the shoulder. Called the tow truck and got home a half an hour ago. Hubby came home from work, and thank God hes good with cars. He thinks its my spark plugs and wires, due the fact that it was basically like a stall.
I guess it wasnt meant to be.

Jake and I had a cool ride home with the tow truck driver. 65 year old guy he loved our kind of music and saw the coolest concerts and met so many of those band members, it was like a mini-musical history lesson. He actually clarified that old story about Ozzy Osbourne biting the head off of a real bat!

Socaljaxs
05-09-16, 10:26 AM
I use to take more risks and be a lot more adventurous. I never made a bucket list, but always was up for a new adventure.

Once won free tickets for a music festival but jumping in stage and spent a few minutes talking about chocolate pudding with out saying "like" and "um" totally knocked that one out of the park:lol: random road trips. And trying new activities.

Now it's just not as exciting or even enjoyable as it once was.. Age and health maybe idk just not as fun as it once was

MItterday
05-09-16, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you had a great adventure!

As for what is on my bucket list - visiting Montana, vacationing in Scotland and writing a best selling novel, but not in that order. :o)