View Full Version : Had a bad day at work.

Lloyd_
05-09-16, 09:15 PM
It seems with my condition it's cyclical and I'm going through a bout of "brain fog" that's been messing with me for the past few weeks to where I've been forgetting simple things and making simple mistakes to where let's say one of my supervisors finally got annoyed and rightfully so.

I talked to one of the higher ups that I have a good rapport with and assured me not to worry about it which of course I'm worrying about it and suspect he was already aware of the situation and was afraid to upset me or something. Of course I'm sitting home tomorrow because there's not much going on which leads me to suspect the supervisor kicked me off the job BUT it has been slow and a few other people were sitting home a few weeks ago.

Sometimes the most difficult part for me is taking people at their word. I always feel there's some sort of ulterior motives going on behind the scenes.

In addition of course when I'm having these brain fog moments that every good deed I've done before is meaningless and wonder how many more years of this in my life can I endure of this? The humiliation and how my peers look down upon me.

It's like a curse that seems to never go away and I feel like an abject failure.

Then I have to remind myself that failure is our best teacher and it made me go out today and get a B vitamin shot along with some tests done today to check my thyroid levels out so I can see if that's why I'm always getting brain fog.

I'm just afraid that my future is going to be subjected to a life of poverty and misery no matter how hard I try to pull myself out of it.

If that's going to be my fate then hopefully the stress kills me before I have to live out many more years of this.

acdc01
05-11-16, 04:06 PM
I get brain fog sometimes too. Think that's the way with many of us though hopefully yours is as severe as it is because of your thyroid in which case is fixable. Do you take ADHD meds too?

I know what you mean about the stress. Us ADHDers just have to love our jobs or the stress we endure just kills us over a lifetime.

Sorry, not being very uplifting am I. Saw your post asking about a career in the mental health field. A change like that sounds like a great idea. Hopefully you can find a good fit there. I know ADHD coaches don't need to go to school for long. But you also have to market yourself to get patients I think.

Lloyd_
05-11-16, 07:33 PM
I get brain fog sometimes too. Think that's the way with many of us though hopefully yours is as severe as it is because of your thyroid in which case is fixable. Do you take ADHD meds too?

I know what you mean about the stress. Us ADHDers just have to love our jobs or the stress we endure just kills us over a lifetime.

Sorry, not being very uplifting am I. Saw your post asking about a career in the mental health field. A change like that sounds like a great idea. Hopefully you can find a good fit there. I know ADHD coaches don't need to go to school for long. But you also have to market yourself to get patients I think.

Yes, I just got my test results back today and it seems I might suffer from hypothyroidism. Going to make an appointment ASAP tomorrow with the endocrinologist.

My only concern is if my insurance will cover a good chuck of the thyroid medication once the Dr. gets me started on the therapy.

In any case, the prospects of possibly removing the chains of memory loss, fatigue for the first time in my life is liberating in itself. It's quite unfortunate that it took me this long to get to this point.

Yes I take adderall IR 20 mg, so once I get my thyroid issue taken care of in addition to taking cerefolin in the near future.

Becoming free of this curse finally is going to happen if it's the last thing I ever do and now I am one step closer of making this a reality.

KarmanMonkey
05-12-16, 03:49 PM
I had a "brain fog" recently, compounded by a migraine. Having a day to myself at home where I could just let go; do away with all the tightly wound strategies to stay on top of things... And it did me a world of good.

Sometimes I think we just need an ADD vacation, so to speak.

Gypsy Willow
06-16-16, 02:10 PM
I had a "brain fog" recently, compounded by a migraine. Having a day to myself at home where I could just let go; do away with all the tightly wound strategies to stay on top of things... And it did me a world of good.

Sometimes I think we just need an ADD vacation, so to speak.

OMG! I had that very thing yesterday. It was so bad and was triggered by the stress of my new, demanding job where I'm metaphorically chasing the bouncing ball that is the bullying supervisor's training technique; that I actually am considering resigning. I cannot take this. I have NO way to get back on meds right now as insurance won't kick in for 2 more months.

If I'm having THAT bad of brain fog with the damn migraines.....NUH UH!