View Full Version : is anyone into rc cars/trucks?

Rebelyell
05-13-16, 01:39 AM
I have 2 1/8th scale nitro buggy n truck.I'm looking to get a 2 stroke gas 1/5th car or truck.

psychopathetic
05-13-16, 05:54 AM
Me and my dad have a Traxxas Rustler VXL...though 1 of the gears melted on us a couple of years ago, and we've yet to replace it so haven't touched it in a long time. (lol it'd only cost us like $10 shipped to get the thing up and running again too! /sigh)
The thing is too much car for us haha. We wished we would've went for something slower xP...it's dang hard to learn to control when it's such an insanely fast car.

I'm also glad we ended up going electric over gas. We even got some expensive batteries and a (cheap but nice) charger.

How well are you able to control your car? I've been real frustrated trying to learn to drive.

mchclay
05-13-16, 11:08 AM
I'm not but I have seen the videos on youtube where they are offroading and even doing vehicle recovery with these things etc. Pretty incredible.

Looks so real I had to do a double take to verify it was not a real vehicle. They have come a long way baby!

aeon
05-13-16, 01:19 PM
I'm not but I have seen the videos on youtube where they are offroading and even doing vehicle recovery with these things etc. Pretty incredible.

Looks so real I had to do a double take to verify it was not a real vehicle. They have come a long way baby!

So agreed. Some of those YouTube videos are incredible.

I’d love to meet some people who are into that, and shoot video.

Cheers,
Ian

mchclay
05-13-16, 02:17 PM
Me too Ian. I found them by accident but found myself checking out a few. I mean I've had the little fairly inexpensive helicopters that you fly for like 8 minutes after you have to charge it for 30 (who has the patience for that) but they never last long cause I am constantly bouncing them off the walls and everything else in the house lol.

psychopathetic
05-13-16, 02:26 PM
Oh I can do all sorts of stunts with my rc car! Back flips, triple front flips, HUGE jumps, barrel rolls, somersaults!
Of course none of it is on purpose and all of it is because I don't know wtf I'm doing! :lol:
That poor car has been in so many wrecks haha xP.

My dad's thinking about buying another buggy this summer, but this time we want to get a much slower car that we can learn with. We love the car we have cause it kicks serious a##, but we've had to put so much work and repairs into the poor thing because it's just too much car for us! :p
People who can control these things at top speeds (like on race tracks) amaze me.

Rebelyell
05-13-16, 11:39 PM
The jato is insanely quick and once it gets squirrelly it's almost impossible to get straightened out for me.wrecking the buggy is like wrecking a real one.stuff breaks, steering parts etc can get expensive.the price of nitro is getting very expensive. I've always liked the tamiya frog/hornet/grasshopper and traxxas e stadium trucks.I'm like that too stuff don't ever seem to get fixed or put back together with me now that's insanely depressing.

Rebelyell
05-13-16, 11:40 PM
I have a traxxas jato and a traxxas truck I haven't used them in 2 3 years but I wanna get back to them.