View Full Version : Medication questions for my recently diagnosed 5 year old

Pez814
05-17-16, 08:33 AM
Good morning one and all, my 5 year old son was recently diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, Anxiety, and ADHD. We get the official report Wednesday and then need to start a treatment plan for him. I was wondering which medications your children had the best results on. I know that each person will respond to medications differently, but I was just wondering if a stimulant vs a non stimulant medication worked better. My wife was wanting to try Straterra first as it is a non stimulant medication. My son will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, and I will be home with him all summer to see how he responds to treatments. So any information or tips on how to help my little buddy with this would be helpful. Side note I was also diagnosed with ADHD in February and am taking Vyvanse and it has changed my life for the better.

sarahsweets
05-20-16, 04:14 AM
Good morning one and all, my 5 year old son was recently diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, Anxiety, and ADHD. We get the official report Wednesday and then need to start a treatment plan for him. I was wondering which medications your children had the best results on. I know that each person will respond to medications differently, but I was just wondering if a stimulant vs a non stimulant medication worked better. My wife was wanting to try Straterra first as it is a non stimulant medication. My son will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, and I will be home with him all summer to see how he responds to treatments. So any information or tips on how to help my little buddy with this would be helpful. Side note I was also diagnosed with ADHD in February and am taking Vyvanse and it has changed my life for the better.

Please read this, its easier than me retyping it.
It explains a success story. http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145739