View Full Version : Has anyone taken KVK TECH DEX?

jeeper541
05-19-16, 02:04 AM
I just got my refill today and it's a pink pill that says k 66

It's made by kvk tech

Tried one today and seemed like it wore off pretty fast but I also was super tired today and lack of sleep could have affected it. Any one tried these?

raw_input
05-19-16, 12:30 PM
I got a variety pack with my last script (Mallinkrodt, Barr, and KVK Tech).

After a couple of weeks, I must say I think they're my favorite overall, and I'll probably special order them for the next one.

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 04:52 PM
Yea I filled my first dexedrine script yesterday and its kvk tech. Its 5mg yellow tablet

It is supposed to be for Zenzedi,the pharm tech ordered generic instead. Pretty ****** off I couldn't use my 30 pills free zenzedi coupon since the pharmacist yesterday said it can only be used for brand zenzedi and not generic. I had to pay out of pocket for this stupid generic 5mg tablets. The crazy thing is I only bought half my script and forfeited the other half just cause I didn't have $5 on me.

Can you tell me how I should tell doc? Its going to run out in 14 days.

jeeper541
05-19-16, 05:57 PM
I got a variety pack with my last script (Mallinkrodt, Barr, and KVK Tech).

After a couple of weeks, I must say I think they're my favorite overall, and I'll probably special order them for the next one.

So you like them over the Barr? I was told they had bar when I filled a couple days later I got these. I must say though today I can say I like them better then the Mall and will-shire I have been taking

jeeper541
05-19-16, 06:25 PM
Yea I filled my first dexedrine script yesterday and its kvk tech. Its 5mg yellow tablet

It is supposed to be for Zenzedi,the pharm tech ordered generic instead. Pretty ****** off I couldn't use my 30 pills free zenzedi coupon since the pharmacist yesterday said it can only be used for brand zenzedi and not generic. I had to pay out of pocket for this stupid generic 5mg tablets. The crazy thing is I only bought half my script and forfeited the other half just cause I didn't have $5 on me.

Really simple, just tell him exactly what you told us, I have had my doctor replace my prescription twice in one month because of the brand issue. was not a big deal. Just be honest

Little Missy
05-19-16, 06:55 PM

Pick up the horn and give him a ring. :)

ADDapting
05-26-16, 06:29 PM
Last month my pharmacy gave me KVK Tech generic 10 mg dextroamphetamine. I've been taking dex for a couple decades and this was the first time I've tried this brand - and hopefully it will be the last. I will call around and find a different brand when possible.

I usually take 1 tablet in the morning, which lasts 4 hours and then half a tablet every 3-4 hours after that. These wore off very quickly, so I had to take them more often.

Another problem is that they do not split easily or well. You can't break them in two, you have to use a pill splitter, and even then, they crumble horribly.

I don't know if I got a bad batch, but this product is definitely inferior to what I've been taking. (Most often I get the Barr.)

redrose
05-29-16, 11:59 AM
I have been taking it for a week or so. It's a lot like Dextrostat. It has a bit of an edge which makes it very effective for multi-symptoms during it's dose. It is short acting, and I notice the edge wear off in a crash-type way.

When I was first prescribed Dex over 30 years ago, my remarkable physician (in hindsight) prescribed both the IR and ER together. His explanation then was that the IR would help my symptoms and the ER would prevent the symptoms of the IR wearing off. He did not believe the ER would do anything effectively by itself.

Smart Guy, he was absolutely correct. Life was good until Glaxo, then Shire discontinued their products,
Fast foward thru the misery of Barr to now.

For me, the KVK works great WITH Amedra/CorePharma ER for focus motivation and energy. They are difficult to split in half.

However, if I was unable to be prescribed both, (I try them all alone too) I would choose:

Amedra/CorePharma IR for focus, mindfulness and smoothness, One can easily be unaware that they are working if you are used to the physical "edge" effect of other forms. They are closest too the original Dexedrine. Like for calm pilots focused on their tasks. They split in half easily.

Zenzedi/ Mikart/ Wilshire for motivation. They wear off slower and less drastically than KVK, but do produce a "wear off." They are basically impossible to split in half.

If you don't experience the edge wear-off in a negative way, or can take an ER with it, KVK is a good multi symptom, short acting choice. It behaves as Shire's Dextorstat did for me.

Keep in mind that everyone's experience with or without medication is different, and I can only share mine.

JaneFidgets
07-18-16, 12:10 PM
My pharmacy tried to fill over half of my script with this brand a few days ago. I had never heard of it (I've had issues with certain generics in the past), so I made the decision to do a partial fill with what they had left of the generic that I am used to. Crossing my fingers that they get the order before I have to forfeit the rest of the script.

laserrod
08-22-16, 12:48 AM
I'm not happy with KVK IR too.

I pay cash and Walg in MIssouri #120 10mg is 80 bucks.

I thinks it's the cheapest Missouri vendor with coupon, please correct me if your buying it cheaper!

I going to request BARR again and post the price increase if any.

I don't believe in insurance because of a bankrupt corporate world.:goodpost:
dg

Waitingame
08-31-16, 01:25 PM
I'm not happy with KVK IR too.

I pay cash and Walg in MIssouri #120 10mg is 80 bucks.

I thinks it's the cheapest Missouri vendor with coupon, please correct me if your buying it cheaper!

I going to request BARR again and post the price increase if any.

I don't believe in insurance because of a bankrupt corporate world.:goodpost:
dg

You might try Costco for cheaper meds than Walgreen's, but they don't always have what you need in stock, so it can be a PITA to wait if you need it yesterday.

Even Sam's Club was cheaper than Walgreen's, but the upside to Walgreen's is not having to get out of the car and be tempted to buy nail polish you don't need (this may not be your issue with going into Walgreen's, but it's definitely mine... :) ).

Waitingame
08-31-16, 01:27 PM
And to OP, I have gotten them the last two fills with KVK Tech and don't like them at all (have mentioned this elsewhere). Was used to the Barr IR Dex; didn't like Wilshire (got a LOT done, but I swear they made me a little bit psychotic...).

raw_input
10-04-16, 03:40 PM
So you like them over the Barr? I was told they had bar when I filled a couple days later I got these. I must say though today I can say I like them better then the Mall and will-shire I have been taking

late reply, but indeed, I do prefer them over Barr (not by much, but enough to notice). I'm surprised so many people dislike KVK Tech

I'm really sensitive to drugs generally, as well as to differences between generic manufacturers, and for me, KVK Tech has been excellent - it leaves me feeling like me, while also being very effective. Barr is really similar, though not as consistent (at least for me).

Mallinckrodt - much to my surprise after reading so many glowing reviews - was by far the worst for me. I 'felt' it more than the other two, and not in a good way, as though it had more levo in it than the other two. It often left me feeling socially inept for some reason, and my verbal fluency was negatively affected for sure. I'll definitely avoid it in the future.

I guess we're all a bit different, and respond differently to different medications - to each their own :)

Sickle
10-21-16, 08:36 PM
I didn't mind the corepharma ones the few times I got them. I am not really feeling barr as a brand unless I can get the 5 mg ones.

MollyMagirk
11-05-16, 09:28 PM
I've been taking this script for years by barr just got the kvk----this is the worst! seems like there is more filler than medication. the tablets are impossible to break .I don't feel any effect from them. Walgreens is clueless - said to talk to my doctor wouldn't address th fact the pills are inferier and don't work.
What can we do to get the correct dosage!!!

truthaboveall
12-15-16, 04:24 PM
These cause very clear and distinct brain fog in me, like a sensation in the head. If you've ever eaten something that has caused oxidative damage or inflammation, (like eaten gluten if you're gluten sensitive) that's the feeling I get with these. Sometimes they don't work at all, and sometimes they work ok. But there's definitely something "off" about these tablets.

I've been taking prescription Barr manufactured generic dexedrine in very low doses almost my entire adult life, and I've also used Wilshire occassionally. This is the first time I've ever had this strange effect happen with dexedrine, and it just doesn't feel like a clean product. My 2 cents.

an0nadd
12-17-16, 11:45 AM
I take Zenzedi and feel its the best med I have ever used.

Waitingame
12-21-16, 03:00 PM
These cause very clear and distinct brain fog in me, like a sensation in the head. If you've ever eaten something that has caused oxidative damage or inflammation, (like eaten gluten if you're gluten sensitive) that's the feeling I get with these.

I think that's exactly the problem. A couple years back I had another KVK-Tech product (not for ADHD) and had severe GI upset from it - like it absolutely would not digest. Dug through the ingredients to compare it to the generic I had previously received, and found that the filler was different - one used a potato-based starch and one used a corn-based starch.

I heartily believe that cheap-a$$ed filler is the problem with most generics nowadays, along with a population that has more allergies and sensitivities than we used to 20-30 years ago.

Grew up on a meat and potatoes diet and used to be able to eat anything I wanted, but now have unexpected food intolerance in adulthood for both super-processed foods and raw foods from the grocery, so no surprise that meds would at times be disagreeable.