View Full Version : Not able to afford 30 day supply so had to "forfeit rest of prescription"

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 03:20 PM
My debit card declined I was only able to pay for 30 pills instead of 60 which is good for 15 days if going by doctor daily dose. How do I tell doctor I was so stupid to not wait until I had available funds so I could pay for 30 day supply?I was forced to 'forfeit' rest of script since I did partial payment for half the pills.Do I call,email,walk in? How do I tell him? I don't want to come off annoying to him as I just saw him monday.

Little Missy
05-19-16, 03:22 PM
Well, it happened, he's been paid, he may not mind at all. :)

Fuzzy12
05-19-16, 03:45 PM
My debit card declined I was only able to pay for 30 pills instead of 60 which is good for 15 days if going by doctor daily dose. How do I tell doctor I was so stupid to not wait until I had available funds so I could pay for 30 day supply?I was forced to 'forfeit' rest of script since I did partial payment for half the pills.Do I call,email,walk in? How do I tell him? I don't want to come off annoying to him as I just saw him monday.

I'd call him. This kind of stuff happens and you haven't done anything dodgy.

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 05:31 PM
When should I call him,I barely filled the script yesterday. It is enough to last 2 weeks from today..The dose is way too low anyway he switched me from 50mg adderall to 10mg zenzedi(ir dexamphetamine)

Little Missy
05-19-16, 06:08 PM
Probably best to call during business hours.

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 08:14 PM
I will do that probably tomorrow.

Do you think its strange I went from 30mgxr+20mgir adderall to 5mgx2 dextroamphetamine?

Socaljaxs
05-19-16, 09:57 PM
I would call him ASAP, let him know your financial situation. It may be possible,that he could write a new prescription for you in a week or so that would be equivalent to your monthly dose but less pills (higher dosage but less quantity kinda thing),or he/she may know of online coupons or have them on hand or be able to point you in a direction of,a,perscription discount card.. I would also Google search for any perscription discount cards and look into your companies(business or family business benefits to see what they have)..

Random but sometimes groups or companies you or your family are members of also offer this to their customers, like aaa may hav'e something or a certain chain may as well. Never know but you may find something

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 10:15 PM
I appreciate the suggesstions mod.

I am aiming to use the Zenzedi manufacture coupon in conjunction with my insurance next script.

What do you mean equivalent to my monthly dose? You mean the old adderall converted dose?

I'm excited to see the real dose effects I will encounter with Zenzedi since this is my first d-amphetamine medicine besides 3 months of vyvanse(insurance blah blah blah).

Why doesn't there seem to be much threads or internet articles regarding Zenzedi? Why do people still use Dexedrine if Zenzedi comes in more convenient doses?

Little Nut
05-20-16, 12:34 PM
I have only come across Zenzedi in 10mg and 5mg. My Ins Formualary treats the other "sizes" as a "Brand" requiring MUCH more paperwork. Personally, I am dispensed 5mg tablets and my schedule is 7.5mg QID. Splitting the 5mg tablets is no problem.

AcctUhd456
06-03-16, 09:13 AM
I hope I don't have this issue with a pharmacy.The had to order mine just took 2 days to pick it up after I dropped off the script. I'm prescribed 5mg morning and 5mg afternoon. Its my first month on this med as I started on 5/18.I will have to say I can't describe it much compared to adderall except it seems to be less wiry/jumpy but I can't "jump" into a task like adderall or ritalin.THANK GOD IT WILL NOT PRODUCE AS MUCH ANXIETY AND PNS SIDE EFFECTS LIKE ADDERALL,RITALIN.Im trying to see how it compared to vyvanse but this dose is way too low to tell any type of difference yet.I know its the same ingredient but I want to see for sure so I could try to get back on vyvanse if insurance accepts it after its up to date.I already realized on the 1st or 2nd day 5mg is doing nil as I'm switching from 50mg adderall(30mg xr/morning and 20mg ir/2pm).I have an appointment on the 20th and will definitely raise the concern with my doctor and most likely will have to wait 2 days again for the pharmacist to order it.Almost makes me want to switch back to previous medicines if I am going to have to do this every future script.Is it like that for you?

Also I am waiting for a callback to start 8 weeks of Dasotraline a new med thats in clinical trials. Its my first ever clinical trial so Im excited I have 2/3 chance of receiving the drug and 1/3 placebo pill.Its a non-stimulant triple reuptake inhibitor I'm guessing it might be similar to straterra or wellbutrin from my research. I may give wellbutrin a try one day its seems to be a non-habit forming substituted amphetamine and has 7.4 review on drugs.com which isn't bad and plus I smoke.

Little Nut
06-03-16, 10:49 AM
Holy Crap that is great news. A DNRI and may be once daily dosing. Quick read said 2 weeks to reach stable concentrations and up to 4 weeks for results.

MDD approval testing was stopped, but prelim ADHD looks good. Seems like on surface would be a great AD Adjunct in many cases also. GL and Let Us Know How It Goes, -LN