View Full Version : Stupid Pharmacy Tech ordered generic dexedrine instead of Brand Zenzedi

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 05:09 PM
My doctor allowed me to try to Zenzedi this past Monday at appointment he wrote me 5mgx2 zenzedi per day,switching from 30mgxr+20mgir adderall. (Does that seem off? I think it is. My energy is way down.Any suggestions how to bring it up to him?)

So Monday I went to fill script at walgreens and the pharmacy tech said he'll have to order it cause they don't have it in stock(even though I unanimously called last saturday if they have 20mg zenzedi and they said yes,I guess 5mg zenzedi isn't popular?) I specifically told him to please order Zenzedi as in the actual brand. He seems a little careless/too high of himself to actually care though,although he seems like a innocent(possibly asbergers)kid I didnt want to be come off harsh,rude,or demanding.

Yesterday was time to pick it up, and I found out its generic kvk tech dextroamphetamine. I wasn't able to use my free 30 pill trial of zenzedi because pharmacist said I can only do it for brand zenzedi not generics.

I had to pay out of pocket for the script. I was only able to afford half the script and fofreit the rest,and that was with using a goodrx coupon too(My insurance isn't up to date) becasuse the cash price for 5mgx60 tablets was $133 but I paid $18.96 for 30 pills. I had $27 on debit card, 60 pills goodrx coupon cost $32. I asked my bud who works in photo for $5 he couldn't let me borrow cause he just had girlfriends $20 he was holding on to.

Why is the pharm tech so careless? Shoud I have just waited another 2 days for them to re-order actual brand zenzedi? Was I too anxious to try my new medicine? Who's at fault here?

Please help-Im going from 50mg adderall per day to 10mg dextroamphetamine? I'm 1 day in and Im pretty unproductive compared to how I usually am. How should I raise question to doc? I have to get another script anyways for the 15 days I forfeited cause I didn't have $5 extra..

I know this post sounds demanding Im new to meds been on and off them since May 2014 I'm about to be 23 on Sunday. I'm in my second major of BBA first was Accounting now Finance. Im currently unemployed and looking for any job/internship I also suffer from anxiety for last 5 years. This is the only med I take. It would be cool to chat one on one with someone.

AcctUhd456
05-19-16, 09:38 PM
Can anyone suggest?
Still new

Little Missy
05-19-16, 10:19 PM
Get another prescription and order what you would like to have.

Little Nut
05-20-16, 12:26 PM
2 issues that I see.

1-You are taking 5mg Dexedrine BID. The Dex is not working well enough. You were taking 50 mg/d Adderall (30mg XR in AM, 20mg IR in PM). I would call the Doc and tell him the specifics of the problems you are having, suggest a bump in dosage/frequency, and negotiate from there.

2-You filled a 30 day prescription with 15 days of meds. This is getting into State/Federal Laws. I always leave this up to my prescribing doc to tell me how best to handle. TBH if you were in Louisiana, I think you would have a problem filling anymore prescriptions for Dexedrine in the next 30 days, but I would follow my Doc's guidance. GL Acc, -LN

AcctUhd456
05-20-16, 07:52 PM
When should I bring both these issues up? My next appointment is 1 month from today. My last one was this past Monday.Thanks

Little Missy
05-20-16, 09:16 PM
When should I bring both these issues up? My next appointment is 1 month from today. My last one was this past Monday.Thanks

You had all day yesterday and all day today so I reckon Monday would work. :)

Little Nut
05-22-16, 12:25 PM
You had all day yesterday and all day today so I reckon Monday would work. :)

What LM said. For me, I would layout the specifics to the Doc's Nurse/Staff and ask whether I need to schedule an Appt to address this week. GL and Let Us Know How it Went, -LN

Question
06-01-16, 09:38 PM
Pretty sure there are laws that state that a pharmacy has to fill out a script exactly as written and not substitute it with something else...and forfeiting half a script seems really fishy.

AcctUhd456
06-03-16, 09:39 AM
What LM said. For me, I would layout the specifics to the Doc's Nurse/Staff and ask whether I need to schedule an Appt to address this week. GL and Let Us Know How it Went, -LN

Hey man In my other post I replied to you.They wrote me the same exact script again when I called.I just picked it up at the office as they didn't offer me an appointment on the phone so I did'n't bother to make one to my low dose concern as I will just make these last somehow till my next appointment on the 20th where i will obviously bring it up than.

Btw did you know even on the previous half script of my 15 day supply they made me wait like 5 days to get this new script as I dropped script off 1 week ago and picked it up Tuesday. I'm glad because I would lose respect for Walgreens allowing me to fill a larger quantity of the same dose when 15 days of usage hadn't even past yet. At the same time I hope I didn't cause a red flag something because I've accidentilly dropped off scripts a few times before my next fill date for the 30 days passing or whatever rule it is just for convenience so I wouldn't lose the script at in my car or at home just sitting there(it happened before).I can't ever remember doctor asking why I tried to fill it early which means I hope or guess they don't have any suspicious of abuse or misuse or red flags.Same thing with the pharmacy I hope the hot pharmacists and techs(they are punks who are lazy I always make sure to smudge them and speak to a pharmacist ;) don't suspect I'm an addict.

I was about $32 for 60 5mg pills I had enough money on me this time hahaha.I believe 30 of them were free I used the manufacture coupon they now have in their system.Scary thing is on the bottle it says the original cash price is over $450 or something just for 60 5mg pills that don't effect me much!!!
These Zenzedi people are *******s for making it so expensive!!!

I'm still having the same issue with this dosing as the first 15 day accidental script.Just slight clear head and calm enough to pick up things faster but not enough to FOCUS.

Little Nut
06-03-16, 10:25 AM
Hey man In my other post I replied to you.They wrote me the same exact script again when I called.I just picked it up at the office as they didn't offer me an appointment on the phone so I did'n't bother to make one to my low dose concern as I will just make these last somehow till my next appointment on the 20th where i will obviously bring it up than.

Btw did you know even on the previous half script of my 15 day supply they made me wait like 5 days to get this new script as I dropped script off 1 week ago and picked it up Tuesday. I'm glad because I would lose respect for Walgreens allowing me to fill a larger quantity of the same dose when 15 days of usage hadn't even past yet. At the same time I hope I didn't cause a red flag something because I've accidentilly dropped off scripts a few times before my next fill date for the 30 days passing or whatever rule it is just for convenience so I wouldn't lose the script at in my car or at home just sitting there(it happened before).I can't ever remember doctor asking why I tried to fill it early which means I hope or guess they don't have any suspicious of abuse or misuse or red flags.Same thing with the pharmacy I hope the hot pharmacists and techs(they are punks who are lazy I always make sure to smudge them and speak to a pharmacist ;) don't suspect I'm an addict.

I was about $32 for 60 5mg pills I had enough money on me this time hahaha.I believe 30 of them were free I used the manufacture coupon they now have in their system.Scary thing is on the bottle it says the original cash price is over $450 or something just for 60 5mg pills that don't effect me much!!!
These Zenzedi people are *******s for making it so expensive!!!

I'm still having the same issue with this dosing as the first 15 day accidental script.Just slight clear head and calm enough to pick up things faster but not enough to FOCUS.

Good News Acc. As for the cost thing, it applies to other manufacturers as well. MY Dex isn't quite that expensive for 180-5mg tabs, but it is close. I looked into it a bit and my best guess is that there is that much price variability between the different pharmacy chains especially after you factor in negotiated pricing between your insuarance/Rx carrier and the pharmacy chains.

The one strange thing to add is I contacted my Insurance carrier and asked how I can find the cheapest local pharmacy for my prescriptions (for the carrier, mine is always just the copay no matter who fills it). (Please note I am talking about the actual cost to an individual Insurance carrier and NOT the pharmacies retail price. They are very different.) The Customer Rep claimed they are unable to unless I just refill the rx at the different pharmacies and then see what they charge. Afterwards, I realized that a large carrier DOES know how much each pharmacy will charge for a commonly prescribed med, but is choosing to not make it available to their customers or the lower level customer support groups. Confidentiality of their cost structures I guess. So on the one hand the Insurance carriers complain about how their costs are sky rocketing and on the other hand they won't give their clients to tools needed to select the low cost supplier for their meds. What a cluster......

Excuse the hijack, a Hot Button Issue got pushed.

Lunacie
06-03-16, 10:36 AM
I've been trying different meds for treatment of migraine disorder. Some are very expensive.

I found this site to be helpful in seeing how much my meds cost at different pharmacies in my area:

https://www.rxpricequotes.com/

ThePhantom
06-17-16, 03:41 PM
The only way (and its best anyway since you save money) to get Zenzedi is to ask your doctor to write 20mg or 30mg size pills. Then you can break them in half for your dose. Pharmacies will always swap out 5mg or 10mg Zenzedi to generic Dextroamphetamine unless you get the larger pill. You are always better off with branded since quality control and allowable tolerances are more strict for branded. Ie you are getting better product.

Jenn1202
06-18-16, 06:18 PM
Your doctor may have to write "no substitution" on the script otherwise the pharmacist won't be able to special order Zenzedi for you (at least that's how it works in some states).