View Full Version : Stinging nettles

midnightstar
05-19-16, 05:20 PM
I'm puzzling over something - in theory you can dry off the leaves of stinging nettles and use them for stuff but how can you get them off the rest of the stinging nettle without getting stung :scratch:

Random thing I been wondering about even though I got no intention of doing anything with the nettles in the garden other than letting the weedkiller kill them :faint:

Fuzzy12
05-19-16, 05:21 PM
Good question. Gloves? :scratch:

midnightstar
05-19-16, 05:23 PM
Good question. Gloves? :scratch:

I know from experience that stinging nettles get you through the gloves though :scratch:

I speak from experience :faint: the one and only time I have ever called a plant or anything else's parents marital status into question :eyebrow:

Little Nut
05-19-16, 05:51 PM
in theory you can dry off the leaves of stinging nettles and use them for stuff

--SNIPPAGE--

What kinda "stuff"?

midnightstar
05-19-16, 05:53 PM
What kinda "stuff"?

Like making teas with them (as in drinks)

(I did say "stinging nettles" in the thread title didn't I? Not "singing nettles"?)

Unmanagable
05-19-16, 05:57 PM
Teas, pesto, in salads, etc.

Use gloves to harvest and exercise extreme caution. Once they're dehydrated, they no longer sting.

I don't have any growing on my land, so I haven't directly harvested and processed it, but barter with others who do.

Be careful with the weed killer and be sure you and the kitties don't frolic around where it's been sprayed.

midnightstar
05-19-16, 06:02 PM
Teas, pesto, in salads, etc.

Use gloves to harvest and exercise extreme caution. Once they're dehydrated, they no longer sting.

I don't have any growing on my land, so I haven't directly harvested and processed it, but barter with others who do.

Be careful with the weed killer and be sure you and the kitties don't frolic around where it's been sprayed.

I react bad to stinging nettles so can't run the risk of trying to use them for anything anyways :faint:

Wish we lived in the same country, you'd be welcome to the nettles I got making themselfs at home in the garden :grouphug:

Unmanagable
05-19-16, 06:09 PM
I'd bring ya' plenty catnip in trade. :)

midnightstar
05-19-16, 06:15 PM
I'd bring ya' plenty catnip in trade. :)

You'd be welcome to them for nowt, :grouphug:

Ebony agrees with me that they're nasty because she tried to make friends with one at the weekend and it stung her right above the eye :mad: