View Full Version : Ritalin and Paxil together... what are the interactions?

JustAnotherGuy
05-20-16, 04:52 PM
I went to the doctor this morning and decided to switch from Adderall to Ritalin, but the doctor made me take Paxil alongside with the Ritalin to help with my anxiety.

I took my first Ritalin pill an hour ago, but I haven't take the Paxil yet. Does anyone have any experiences or know how these two drugs interact with each other? As a matter of fact, I'm too afraid to take Paxil because SSRI's tend to give me "numb penis" syndrome as crazy as that sounds. To be more specific... it makes my penis numb, so I can't feel anything when I touch it. Scary, I know.

But luckily the Adderall doesn't do this, so chances are the Ritalin won't either. The only thing I'm wary about is the freaking Paxil.

Although if I want to completely get rid of my anxiety, I have to take Paxil despite the possible sexual side effects. I just hope and pray that the Ritalin can counteract those unwanted sexual side effects when taken with Paxil.

AddAnxiousMe
05-25-16, 03:30 PM
I know that Prozac, Paxil and Luvox mess with certain liver enzymes that remove other medications, but I don't know if it would be a problem with Adderall. The best way to find out is to ask your pharmacist or doctor.
I have been on all of the SSRIs and Paxil was sedating for me, made me suggish. I liked Prozac the best, when it worked. They all pooped out on me after about a year or two. I've been on Effexor for a long time now, I guess about 11 years or so. While not perfect, it still works (somewhat) and the SSRIs don't. I tired switching between Effexor and all the SSRIs and they just never seemed to work the way they originally did. Of all the SSRIs, Zoloft and Paxil kill the sex drive the most, Prozac the least. Celexa and Lexapro did not help my depression at all. I don't know if it's that I just reached a point where none of them worked anymore, or if it was those two in particular that didn't work. I've found Paxil, Celexa and Lexapro to be more like anti-anxiety meds than antidepressants.
I wish you and your friend well:lol:.