View Full Version : Looking for a doctor who understands ADHD well in South Bend, Indiana or nearby.

mrh235
05-21-16, 12:21 AM
I'm moving from California to South Bend, Indiana for medical school, and would be really grateful in help finding a doctor who really gets adult ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD-PI at age 20 and have been treated stably for over 5 years and it really turned my life around and I wouldn't be where I am today without the understand I've been given. I'm really worried about having to switch doctors as some doctors can be very narrow-minded, so I'd really appreciate your help.

Does anyone know any good ADHD doctors in south bend, indiana or nearby that area?

sarahsweets
05-21-16, 04:56 AM
I dont know any but you should get a letter from your current doc outlining your treatment history and plan and a copy of your medical records which you are entitled to so you can at least show the new doc.

mrh235
05-21-16, 06:52 AM
I dont know any but you should get a letter from your current doc outlining your treatment history and plan and a copy of your medical records which you are entitled to so you can at least show the new doc.

Yes, my doctor is going to do the treatment history letter/summary, but won't send full medical records, do you think that'll cause any issue when I see a new doctor?

ginniebean
05-21-16, 09:28 AM
http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/about/add/south_bend_in/

Dunno if this helps but google can work